Other
gb1.jpg gb2.jpg gb3.jpg gb4.jpg gb5.jpg gb6.jpg gb7.jpg gb8.jpg gb9.jpg

Upvote 0

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Mogi, I must say I am a bit disappointed with this post. I look forward to you sharing those spectacular, insanely fantastic, almost otherworldly artifacts. But I guess even the Master Mogi has to dial it back a bit sometimes. I am hoping you will be back to your old self soon and treat us to more of those incredible, stupendous, mind-boggling artifacts that you have spoiled us with lately. You've set the bar too high I am afraid.

OP
OP
M

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Mogi, I must say I am a bit disappointed with this post. I look forward to you sharing those spectacular, insanely fantastic, almost otherworldly artifacts. But I guess even the Master Mogi has to dial it back a bit sometimes. I am hoping you will be back to your old self soon and treat us to more of those incredible, stupendous, mind-boggling artifacts that you have spoiled us with lately. You've set the bar too high I am afraid.

Sir - I hope you received a lot of self satisfaction from your post. I on the other hand will simply ask you if you are familiar with the marble/game ball? It is heavy for its size and appears to be stained with the color. Underneath the green,the rock is nearly entirely patina so it is in my opinion very old. I know that the early settlers traded the Native Americans these stained marbles but i am trying to get a better idea if this one was made by them. When held in hand it has small divots and is not by any means perfect. The ridge that appears while under the scope is actually one side of the rock is larger than the other. The ridge is not always visible and imperfect as well. Your thoughts?

Last edited:

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mogi...so is the marble-rock "machined" somehow? I did not notice the ridge at first...

OP
OP
M

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Mogi...so is the marble-rock "machined" somehow? I did not notice the ridge at first...

No sir - Def not a machined piece. When you look at it under the scope and with good light you will see divots,cracks,etc. The raise you are speaking of does not go completly around and is either higher or lower than the ball itself. What it seems to be under the scope is that one side is slightly larger than the other. It is all one piece and def a rock. It was found in the middle of a field hunt. Thanks for your responce.

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it is made of stone I would guess a deburring stone, used to make metal objects much smoother after they are made. If it is a marble then it would be glazed ceramic and if that is what it is that's a whopper and nice one. The last object can't tell if it is stone or pottery.

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kinda looks like a Bocce target ball..

OP
OP
M

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
If it is made of stone I would guess a deburring stone, used to make metal objects much smoother after they are made. If it is a marble then it would be glazed ceramic and if that is what it is that's a whopper and nice one. The last object can't tell if it is stone or pottery.

It is definitely made of stone. Thank you sir!

OP
OP
M

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Found more! we1.jpg we2.jpg we4.jpg we5.jpg mbs1.jpg mbs2.jpg mbs3.jpg

Last edited:

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
I like the color of that!
I would think a deburring stone would leave plenty of traces of metal behind as evidence. I don't see any iron deposits showing like I find on implement struck stones up here.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like finding those round concentrations I do save them cause just I dont find many in the round shape. Never found a green one though I will say. It looks to have a seam through the middle of it so like MR said probably a deburring stone would be my guess also. Im sure the color wouldnt still be on it if it was found in a field if ancient. Ive seen creek stained things with that color on them. Always fun to get out, rock

OP
OP
M

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I like finding those round concentrations I do save them cause just I dont find many in the round shape. Never found a green one though I will say. It looks to have a seam through the middle of it so like MR said probably a deburring stone would be my guess also. Im sure the color wouldnt still be on it if it was found in a field if ancient. Ive seen creek stained things with that color on them. Always fun to get out, rock

Thank you for your comments rock. Th e field this was found in is next to the river and i know personally that it has flooded several times. They now have built levee's but there is still lots of sand from the river in those fields.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions