Field Site Day 2

Metal Illness

Jul 1, 2011
Englewood, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back yesterday to my first ever field site. After finding 2 LCs, a cut piece of Spanish Silver, 10 buttons and a mini ball the day before, I was super stoked! Six hours later and I had found 10 more buttons, 1 more mini ball, pretty cool butter knife and a bunch of lead pieces and I was let down. (maybe just over expecting). I'm sure there is more to find, I will just have to continue to work it over. Saturday when I asked the farmer for permission to hunt the old homestead on his property, he assumed I was talking about the 100 plus year old frame house a short piece down the road from his house. He tore this house down 5 years or so ago, I didn't know anything about it. So yesterday I saved about an hour of daylight and left my first field site and went down the street to investigate the other site. I managed to find 1 button, the crotal bell and the rosie. All in all it was a good day, I never would have believed the day would come when I would be disappointed finding silver. Don't get me wrong I was happy to snag it, but I can't help thinking there should be much older Silver to be found, maybe next trip huh? That's what keep us swing our coils, what will I find next?
Thanks for looking, Bill

Attachments

• photo (31).JPG
    photo (31).JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 92
  • photo (32).JPG
    photo (32).JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 82
Upvote 3

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep at it, I'm sure the goods r there, however u already found some pretty darn good finds

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread