Field Still Given, So I’ll Keep Searching…

MD Ghost F75

Mar 27, 2022
Harford County, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Blustery day in the field but still managed to find a few keepers. I’ve hit this field so many times and am diggin anything that doesn’t sound like iron. Started off slow with a rivet, lots of shot shells and bullets, then dug the cool little padlock. I have no idea what the folding piece is. At first sight it appears to be a knife but I’m not sure. I searched many acres to pick four more cents out of the field and got lucky with my find of the day, an 1891 Indian Cent. Thanks for lookin!

Attachments

• IMG_5796.jpeg
    IMG_5796.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_5802.jpeg
    IMG_5802.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5800.jpeg
    IMG_5800.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5803.jpeg
    IMG_5803.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_5799.jpeg
    IMG_5799.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_5797.jpeg
    IMG_5797.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 36
Upvote 20

aShardOfHistory

Oct 14, 2023
Essex UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deus 2
i get exited with every coin i find XD

are indian head cents rare? i'm not from the states but i have a few random foreign coins and at least 2 are indian cents.

as for the hunt, tweak your settings a little or even go random directions on the field. i found lots of thing on areas i grided by goin random like 45 degree angles and such

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still more neat finds :) I do like the lock and ih

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blustery day in the field but still managed to find a few keepers. I’ve hit this field so many times and am diggin anything that doesn’t sound like iron. Started off slow with a rivet, lots of shot shells and bullets, then dug the cool little padlock. I have no idea what the folding piece is. At first sight it appears to be a knife but I’m not sure. I searched many acres to pick four more cents out of the field and got lucky with my find of the day, an 1891 Indian Cent. Thanks for lookin!
Nice Indian!

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Started with a Minelab xterra 505. Then Equinox 600 with stock coil, xl coil and sinper coil depending on circumstances. Now use a manticore.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can't go wrong with an indian and that cigar cutter. Cutter is definitely a unique find for sure

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread