ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
(Just don't Blink)

Went to two lakes I haven't hit in a while today. I sure didn't miss much! The first one is near Ann Arbor, Silver lake. The first weekend I played there I found 24 gold rings. One was a class ring from the University of Maryland and another was a USAF pilot ring from 1947. Both were returned. The University ring was lost in 1953, 4 years before I was born. It was returned in 2007, 54 years after it was lost.

Anyway, on the sandy drop off in about 12' of water, I saw the ear ring laying on top of. It is marked 585 and weighs a whopping .14 grams. (make sure you see the dot!)

The other ear ring is probably costume. I see no markings and it rang up on my machine but I don't think the turquoise is even real. Just a few new coins at that spot.

I then headed to Bishop lake in Brighton Recreation Area. It was a CCC camp in the 30's and I have pulled a lot of silver and gold out of there in the past. Today, not even an old coin. I did have a nitro moment fanning the sand and seeing the round pull tab. I thought for sure I had a white gold or a platinum ring. NOT.

I think I will leave these lakes alone for a few years. Will let the waders plunder the shallows and I will try the drop off's in the distant future.

That ear ring is worth $6.04. Better than a penny!

Last edited:
Upvote 11

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Scuba on the "Euro gold" 585 earring! It appears "over engineered." Must be German! Sub 8-)

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
NICE FINDS , THE PENDANT IS SWEET ...

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diver.gif
Nice finds - looks like everything you found can be re-used - start off with the plug! :laughing7: Amazing how you can always find a few pull tabs. :laughing7:

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is that a silver dime I spy? And was the turquoise thing silver? Still looks like a productive day!

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Is that a silver dime I spy? And was the turquoise thing silver? Still looks like a productive day!

Nope, no silver dime and that turquoise ear ring (the pin broke off and is laying beside it) isn't marked and so I am thinking costume. Any day in the water is productive and lets me have freedom from a lot of pain. Thanks for the comment.

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds!!! Congrats and HH

Top Member Reactions