Finally a decent copper

Sandskimmer

Jul 6, 2014
Lancaster, Pa
Detector(s) used
BH Discovery 2200, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll make this short and sweet. I've been hunting a colonial era property off and on for the past few weeks and I've dug up 10+ COMPLETELY toasted coppers. It's almost worse than finding nothing at all... Last night I pulled up another copper, and much to my delight the face hadn't completely eroded away. My surprise really grew when I cleaned it up and the faces held. Just happy to have found a coin I can put in the display case rather than a cardboard box.

IMG_20151107_172702285.jpg IMG_20151107_234344283.jpg

Thanks!

Will

Upvote 4

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah I feel your pain with the toasted coppers as the NJ soil can be rough on them. But still 10+ coppers is a good haul in anyone's book. Congrats on the IH--it should clean up well in some warm peroxide. :thumbsup:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on pulling that 1905 IHP. :occasion14: I'd let it soak for about 15 minutes in some hot soapy water and remove the rest of the dirt with wooden toothpicks. Love to see an IHP in the hole. This was the year of the IHP for me.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a nice ihp, I love finding those, often means barbers or seated may be lingering around somewhere!

OP
OP
Sandskimmer

Sandskimmer

Jul 6, 2014
Lancaster, Pa
Detector(s) used
BH Discovery 2200, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a sweet 30' square of front yard that I've been working the last few times where I've pulled almost all my coppers from. Found a button that I'll post pictures of later. Hoping to find my first silver in this area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread