Finally! A gold watch!!

isabella1

Mar 2, 2013
Now I have no idea what kind it is. It says on the back of it 14 K major. I didn't see very much on eBay about it other than men's watches and they were pretty expensive. Any ideas? Only the casing is gold the band is gold filled.

image-142041334.jpg

image-564340792.jpg

image-3204729427.jpg

It was $50! It doesn't work either. But I have a watch guy that can get it fixed.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't done well selling those unknown to most small ladies watches as a good running watch. They just don't do well. But the great news is you should have 3 plus grams of 14K gold scrap. I must have srapped a dozen of those. I pull the movement save those up to sell a few as steampunk jewelry suppies. Push the crystal out from the back side and you have a nice clean piece of scrap gold that more buyer on eBay will pay more for because you can give the exact weight of gold. My exception to scrapping these type watches is if its a good running, Longines, Omega, Fancy Hamilton or any popular name swiss watch. I do though always get the scrap weight, just so the gold buyers get interested in the listing. I think if you put more money in to it you won't recover the cost of the repair, or so thats been my experience on the lesser known old ladies watch brands. You did buy gold at a bargin price that should have $70.00 plus in scrap value. One other thing is I would visit a jeweler some time ago that wanted those small ladies watches as he could fasion a pair of gold earrings out of them buy cutting the lugs off and adding post and gem stones to those lugs. He sold those 14K gold earrings for way more then the scrap value and he had left over scrap gold to boot. The earrings he made were very pretty and looked expensive.

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

isabella1

Mar 2, 2013
It was actually a Wyler brand watch. I took it to get repaired they wanted $60 for it. The other place $50. So I sold as scrap for 90.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread