Finally back huntin the beach!! Yahoo!!!!!!

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Hello all, haven't been able to get to the beach to hunt in quite a long time. I believe the last time was in October. Still busy at work, and on my days off, still repairing stuff from Hurricane Wilma. After a 3 month wait the roofers finally started my house. Good to see the blue tarp finally gone!

They have completely re-nourised our beach down here and added about 5-6 feet of sand from the old high tide line going out about 20 yards. They buried everything!

Anyway the wind was blowing hard the last couple days and kicked the surf up a little. Figured I'd detect for a couple hours, then go surf a little. Waves weren't very big, but big enough to put some nice cuts.

This mornings digs consisted of 10Q, 7D, 9N, some weird looking metal thing, and a hot wheels car. Another one for my collection that I've dug up! Haven't found any gold or silver in a real long time, but then again, I haven't been out detecting in 4 months. Felt great just to walk the beach again!

Good to be back, and I've noticed a lot of new people on here with some nice finds. Also good to see that there's still some familiar people posting!!

HH 8) surfrat

Attachments

• MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    16.9 KB · Views: 311
Upvote 0

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
Hey Surfrat!!! It's great to see you back! I've been worried that you had sustained so much damage that you weren't able to post any more. I asked about you a couple of times but was only able to find out that you had logged in to look around. At least that told me you were alive! Good to hear from you again and to see you're finally able to get out hunting again. Nice finds!

vicki

Strand-Filter

Dec 10, 2005
Florida
Glad to see the renouished beach yielding something.

Any sign that Spring Break will help load the beach with treasures in your area?

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey surfrat....before my time,Glad you're back in the swing of thing's and your house is coming together.Congrat's on the haul and HH!!

A

Angela (Australia)

Nice finds surfrat! Always nice to get a few coins! Cheers Angela :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread