Finally BIG silver, little silver, and gold!

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best two hour hunt in a looong time tonight. After supper I was able to get out, but wasn't sure where to go...so after driving around aimlessly for a few minutes, I decided to hit my old faithful spot yet again. I read in another post that you should do a factory reset when you change batteries. I didn't need to change them, but I decided to do a reset anyway. I noticed a difference, the Pro seemed really tightened up and fast. Maybe it's all in my head lol. Anyway, I have gone over this spot countless times. There is a lot of iron, so I decided to go super slow and dig anything that sounded even the slightest bit promising. Smart move.

The Merc was 4 inches deep, and sounded good from one direction, but registered 04 and made no sound from the other angle. I was surprised to see a silver dime!! Then, a very deep signal that sounded "iffy" turned out to be a 1909 Canadian dime. At this point I was happy with my hunt. But it got better. The next signal sounded really strange, like a really deep pop can. It was very hard to pinpoint. After almost saying "forget it", I saw the rim of a big beautiful Barber Half!!! Totally blown away...how could I have missed this stuff?!?! I was very distracted as I carried on detecting, but tried to stay focused. Another signal amongst the iron, barely sounded good, an 1898 Barber dime...then a few feet away an 1918 Buffalo! At this point I'm thinking maybe I would find a gold coin, but I was satisfied with the gold cufflinks (plated I think) when they popped up. Also found a very thin piece of sterling silver, no idea what it's for. The only other good target was a 1965 U.S. quarter.

Three things that helped me have a fantastic night tonight: the factory reset, going slow, and digging lots of iffy targets. What a night, made my season! Happy hunting...

Attachments

• IMG_0184.JPG
    IMG_0184.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_0185.JPG
    IMG_0185.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_0186.JPG
    IMG_0186.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 188
Upvote 2

BaronH

Jul 15, 2008
It's kinda spooky some times what targets register as. Makes you want to dig everything.

Sent from my Android using TreasureNet

TheElementOfSand

Jul 19, 2012
Fort Wayne
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT E-series, Whites Beachhunter, Garrett Ace350, Garret 76'-77'Fortune Hunter, Cen-tech Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats why im happy with my old garrett thus far I dig everything and find some odd stuff

Ground Inspector

Feb 17, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
18" Excelerator Coil
Minelab CTX 3030
06 Smart Coil
17 Smart Coil
Garret Propointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds! Lots of silver! Any coppers?

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
get the iron outta da way!!!.....HH

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wldbil

Bronze Member
May 10, 2010
Claremore OK
Detector(s) used
White's XLT/ Garrett AT Pro/ Ace 250
Nice finds... Really like the cuff links, you never find them in pairs! What is a factory reset on your AT Pro?

ace1968

May 21, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 3000, ATPro, Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the same problem with my AT...I made a test garden and was mad the dime showed up like a nickel....well I went to my "honey hole" to dig the nickel signals I have neglected. I didn't find a dime but I found a 1903 V nickel so now I am digging all repeating signals. I want to ask you, you say it registered a 04 so you have iron discrimination all off and it hit a 04? Let me know what you are using, Pro Mode with iron discrimination all off? BTW super finds!!!! Heck I was lit up when I found my wore out nickel... if I found that half I might yell "BOOM BABY!"

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:headbang: Nice silver. Sure is a sweet spot.

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ace1968 said:
I had the same problem with my AT...I made a test garden and was mad the dime showed up like a nickel....well I went to my "honey hole" to dig the nickel signals I have neglected. I didn't find a dime but I found a 1903 V nickel so now I am digging all repeating signals. I want to ask you, you say it registered a 04 so you have iron discrimination all off and it hit a 04? Let me know what you are using, Pro Mode with iron discrimination all off? BTW super finds!!!! Heck I was lit up when I found my wore out nickel... if I found that half I might yell "BOOM BABY!"

I ground balance around 82. I run Pro mode, Iron disc at 35, and Iron Audio OFF until I turn it on to investigate an odd signal. When that dime registered as 04, I didn't hear anything but the screen said 04. The other direction was a nice 80-82, so I decided to dig.

I like not having to listen to all the iron noise all the time, but I do like switching back to zero disc so I can hear every bit of unaltered audio information when I come across an "iffy" signal. Dig dig dig!

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ground Inspector said:
Great finds! Lots of silver! Any coppers?

No copper coins at all last night. This site, however, has produced many wheats, IH pennies, and a zillion old Canadian pennies. I have found probably 30+ silvers in this honey hole, including a Morgan dollar and 2 other Barber halves. Tomorrow night I am gong to hit it again!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread