Finally-First silver with Prizm III

BillW313

Mar 13, 2009
Bethlehem, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III Garrett's GTP 1350
I finally found silver with my Prizm III, although it was not a coin. I dug a .925, 24" sliver chain this morning. I almost didn't dig it because the ID was bouncing between nickel, pulltab and bottlecap. The chain was all bunched up in the clod and I couldn't understand the trash signals. When I got home I did some more air testing on the Prizm and was surprised what I found. A silver dime registered consistently as a pulltab, a silver quarter registered between a penny and quarter and a silver half registered as a quarter. Has anyone else experienced this with the Prizm series? I guess I will have to start digging all signals no matter what the display reads.

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
Bill,
I would send that machine in for adjustments of the target ID. That's too far off in an air test.

underdogger

Sep 24, 2009
Syracuse n.y
Detector(s) used
Whites / Prism II/Prism IV/V3i /Surf master II
bill I have replied to other post on this before I have used the p II for over 7 years. I learned early with My detector If the Prizm is read out of the ordinary or an anomolly (something you do not see all the time), dig it. The typicle response on the two is what I call running the scale Most silver will Run Z penny dime 25 50 . as you pass over it . If you get nickle pop top runs an they flash into 50 cent range they ar more than likely buffalo 0r a silver ring. But if hit runs 10 25 50 it is almost some kind of silver or a burried can.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread