Finally found some silver pieces

HistoryTeacher

Mar 9, 2017
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit the garages sales hard this past Saturday. It was a great weekend for them. There were so many sales going on (about one very other street) that the intense competition among the many pickers in my area was diluted, and I actually found what I hope are some small but good pieces. Several of these I would not have bought if not for tips from you t-neters so thanks for sharing your knowledge.

At my fifth garage sale of the day I got:
A Stahl carving knife and fork set with .800 handles for $3.00 (again-tips on here about looking for 800 helped me pick up these).
A Mexico marked 925 guitar pin by TS-79 for $1.00 (8 grams)
A Mexico marked and Becky Thatcher Designs sterling bracelet w/ Petosky Stone for $3.00 (24 grams including stone). https://www.beckythatcherdesigns.com/. I am not sure what the secondary market is for these but similar ones sell for $200-400 new.
A pair of 925 lizard earrings for $1.00 (10grams)
A pair of sterling TSM brand SW designed earrings for $3.00. I wouldn't have gotten except for tips I've seen on here about SW or native designed pieces bringing a premium. There are a couple on sale on eBay for $50-80 so I feel good about them.

While these weren't really big finds, it has been so long since I got silver that I was energized and had to thank you all for your tips.

I've been hoarding silver so these will go in the lockbox. The Swarovski pin I might get $20 for (paid 3).

IMG_9938_edited-1.JPG
IMG_9942_edited-1.JPG
IMG_9943_edited-1.JPG
IMG_9945_edited-1.JPG
IMG_9946_edited-1.JPG
IMG_9947_edited-1.JPG

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pieces all around. Keep at it! Just not in my area lol!

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some great finds and not a ton of money invested either. Great job.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Congrats on the nice finds.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can’t beat it. Especially when a costume jewelry piece will pay for all the silver and give you a profit. Not a bad day there! Free silver and some spending cash for next week.

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find the Petoskey stone cuff a bit odd. Usually you will find pieces like that made locally since the stones are really only found in Northern Michigan. Somebody sent pieces of it to Mexico and had them made into jewelry.

OP
OP
H

HistoryTeacher

Mar 9, 2017
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find the Petoskey stone cuff a bit odd. Usually you will find pieces like that made locally since the stones are really only found in Northern Michigan. Somebody sent pieces of it to Mexico and had them made into jewelry.

It a bit odd. The designer is based in Michigan so the stone makes sense but why a Mexico setting? It seemed even stranger when I saw the bracelet part has the beckythatcher makers mark and "sterling" and the entire thing came with a becky thatcher bag and paperwork. In looking at the website, it seems she makes mix and match bracelets and bracelet tops. I believe that she repurposed an older Mexican piece by adding the Petoskey stone. The "welding"? of the stone to the top looks a little rough. Or you might be right and she had a bunch made cheaply in Mexico.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions