Finally found somethign REALLY good... 14k with diamonds (I hope) good! Need advice!

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look what I found on ebay... its simular but not exact... mine is heavier... 8.0g vs 9.4g but this one has more diamonds... Is it the diamonds that made it sell for more?

14k Solid Gold Choker Necklace with Over 1ct of Diamonds 8 0g Must See | eBay

Chukers

I am so getting ready to put it on ebay but its going to cost me around 50 to 60 dollars in ebay and paypal fees! Yeah Yeah I know I am making a huge profit but why should they get so much from my finds!

Chukers

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
now if anyone here is interested in it I am taking offers... :-)

Chukers

Senor

Sep 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look what I found on ebay... its simular but not exact... mine is heavier... 8.0g vs 9.4g but this one has more diamonds... Is it the diamonds that made it sell for more?

14k Solid Gold Choker Necklace with Over 1ct of Diamonds 8 0g Must See | eBay

Chukers

I am so getting ready to put it on ebay but its going to cost me around 50 to 60 dollars in ebay and paypal fees! Yeah Yeah I know I am making a huge profit but why should they get so much from my finds!

Chukers

They're the only game in town for a national audience with the added benefit of finding the true value of an item.

While Craigslist is free to use, the pitfalls are that you only list locally and security.

I've sold silver melt coins for over spot and the buyer paid the shipping.

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They're the only game in town for a national audience with the added benefit of finding the true value of an item.

While Craigslist is free to use, the pitfalls are that you only list locally and security.

I've sold silver melt coins for over spot and the buyer paid the shipping.

and this is why I keep going back to Feebay... even with their outrageous fees!

Thanks

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the verdict is in... YES they are real diamonds and he offered me $175.00 for the gold... the diamonds had no effect on the price.

It weighs 9.4 grams with the diamonds, so I'm guess about 9 grams of 14k gold and at current prices that should come to $290.00 so that puts him at the 55% of spot...
I am a little dissapointed at that price... and here is my problem...

I know its worth more than that esspecially since it has 5 small diamonds not chips but cut diamonds, yeah they are small but still diamonds. I suppose for some quick cash and considering what I paid for it I have done quite well... but I know I could get more... I hope I could... maybe I shouldn't be so greedy but this don't happen all that offen for me. I just want to make it count!

what do you think?

Chukers

Yes, surprisingly the diamonds are so small that they don't effect the value of the piece...it's certainly a different story when you're buying them new, isn't it? In your case since you don't want to accept the lowball price from the jeweler, why not put it on eBay at the price you would accept? I know you mentioned not wanting to pay the fees but you got the piece for free and the fees really aren't that much that they should scare you off...eBay is still king when we need a place to auction off our goods online whether we like the fees or not... Nice find and good luck with whatever you decide on.

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

canudigit1

Tenderfoot
Dec 7, 2012
naples florida
Detector(s) used
excalliber 11 1000, notka golden sense on the way. fisher 1236x2. fisher mscope coin.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey chucker I scrap gold and diamonds for a living and I could easily get you over what anyone would give as long as its an up and up deal. heres the math, gold today is 1712. divided by 31.1=55.048 per gram,31.1 grams in a troy ounce, at 9.3 grams of 14k times .585=5.44 grams of gold times 55.048 =299.46 times .85=$254.54 for the gold alone, the diamonds would have to be a gradable diamond to even consider much value. lmk if I can help in any way. thx Ray

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oops, I missed reading a few posts before my last reply but it looks like others had the same advice ;)

I appreciate the advice... even if its 4 or 5 times of the same thing... it just reinforces which direction to go... and as of yesterday it is on EBay... so we shall see

Thanks

Chukers

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey chucker I scrap gold and diamonds for a living and I could easily get you over what anyone would give as long as its an up and up deal. heres the math, gold today is 1712. divided by 31.1=55.048 per gram,31.1 grams in a troy ounce, at 9.3 grams of 14k times .585=5.44 grams of gold times 55.048 =299.46 times .85=$254.54 for the gold alone, the diamonds would have to be a gradable diamond to even consider much value. lmk if I can help in any way. thx Ray

I have it on Ebay now... if it comes to scrapping I will let you know.

Thanks

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, if you think you're getting screwed on the diamonds, many places will give them back to you... at the very least, it will ease your mind that they aren't selling them.

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mainly because of the money it brings. I'm still hoping one day silver prices will skyrocket again.

Ahh same reason I am hanging onto all my silver then!

Chukers

S

stefen

Chukers,

Sounds like maybe you need to get a set of scales and a diamond tester to you can make a somewhat informed decision on the spot...an outlay of about $100 for equipment is good insurance against losing hundreds by taking a risk.

canudigit1

Tenderfoot
Dec 7, 2012
naples florida
Detector(s) used
excalliber 11 1000, notka golden sense on the way. fisher 1236x2. fisher mscope coin.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
actually I would want you to take out the diamonds if you want them. I save them up till I get a big bag and sell them in bulk. But let me know if you want to trade for spot silver? just another option. thx Ray

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread