Finally found somethign REALLY good... 14k with diamonds (I hope) good! Need advice!

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good price...did they pay you yet??

Good luck...I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

NJ

not yet... 2 days to go on the auction... I am worried because of his low feedback... I sent him a messag and he said he is good for it don't worry... so... now naturally I am even more worried LOL!

Chukers

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well chukers . ... I would be happy with what you got for it........ That was a darn good price you got..:thumbsup:

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well chukers . ... I would be happy with what you got for it........ That was a darn good price you got..:thumbsup:

its not in my pocket yet!

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am skeptical... they only have 6 feedback

Don't sweat it... I know it's hard sometimes. I made a sale today with a "Buy It Now" and only saw the notification on my phone + the notification that they paid immediately... When I wrapped the package about an hour ago I notice they had 0 feedback... We've all been there. It's a heck of a lot easier to buy with 0 feedback than it is to sell.

Good luck and I hope it all turns out well for you.

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't sweat it... I know it's hard sometimes. I made a sale today with a "Buy It Now" and only saw the notification on my phone + the notification that they paid immediately... When I wrapped the package about an hour ago I notice they had 0 feedback... We've all been there. It's a heck of a lot easier to buy with 0 feedback than it is to sell.

Good luck and I hope it all turns out well for you.

well let me explain my skepticism... I sold something one time... and I describes best I could with every detail measurement weights color scratches and so on... it sold... and I wrote all over the auction I didn't know what it was and only bid if you did and there were no refunds and the lady contacted me and said its not what she wanted and wanted to return it and I said no so she went to Ebay and they sided with here she got her money back plus shipping and I lost out on the ebay and paypal fees... luckily I only paid a few bucks for the item and made over $50 on it...(after a second buyer bought it) but still... now I am gun shy!

so now you all know why I am so leery! esspecially since this is a valueable item (to me)

Chukers

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hope every thing goes well with for ya Chukers

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How much did you pay for it?

oh yeah I have't told yet... I bought it for $1 (-: but it all don't matter unless I see the profit in my grubby little hand LOL!

Chukers

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am skeptical... they only have 6 feedback

Looks like you got your melt value, plus ebay/paypal, and shipping fees, paid for with your $299.99 starting bid. That's good. I usually make at least melt after fees on gold. A lot of times (depending on the piece) I'll make a lot more than melt. I start all my gold at .99 and haven't been disappointed yet. The fees are the cost of doing business, period. That other necklace was solid (not hollow) gold, different style, larger diamonds and the seller sells about 90% gold/jewelry only so... hence the high ending price. Not to mention a couple people who want the same thing will often result in a very good price, sometimes selling higher than an exact, identical, item listed at the same time for less money. Go figure. I've seen it many times. I don't think there was any shill bidding going on with that other necklace.

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well its done... now all I need to do is collect! Thanks for all your help!

Chukers

Necklace sold.JPG

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so now to conclude this story...

Total collected $312.63
Ebay Fees $-28.14
Paypal Fees $-9.37
Shipping Fees $8.59 ($300.00 insurance)
Purchase Price $-1.00
Total Fees $46.01

Net Profit $265.13

The only reason I went into detail is just maybe this could help someone else out in the future... Thank you for all your help on this post...

Merry Christmas everyone!

Chukers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread