finally found something besides pennies!

dustbuster

Nov 10, 2008
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Most of the parks here seem to be pretty lite on coins. Got out for about 20 minutes today and stopped at a small park I thought probably wouldn't hold much. To my surprise I dug 6 quarters, 10 pennies, a dime and 2 nickels. For a newbie that was pretty exciting. I think that was the most I found at one little kiddie park since I started looking in feb.
Just had to say something---oh, and found a little necklace with a cross. Not silver.......oh well.
Dustbuster

Cachefinder

Dec 22, 2008
ARIZONA
Detector(s) used
lucky horseshoe
dustbuster said:
Most of the parks here seem to be pretty lite on coins.  Got out for about 20 minutes today and stopped at a small park I thought probably wouldn't hold much.  To my surprise I dug 6 quarters, 10 pennies, a dime and 2 nickels.  For a newbie that was pretty exciting.  I think that was the most I found at one little kiddie park since I started looking in  feb.
Just had to say something---oh, and found a little necklace with a cross.  Not silver.......oh well.
Dustbuster

What about the 6 Quarters and the dime and 2 nickels?  Any silver?  pre 65 on the quarters and dimes and 42-45 on the nickels?

Either way --- nice job and keep at it

Cachefinder-

OP
OP
D

dustbuster

Nov 10, 2008
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Nothing silver in the coins. Most of the playgrounds here are relatively new. I just started hunting the playgrounds in Feb. I have run into a couple of others who are checking the tot lots too. Somehow though, I managed to find 2 wheaties. I know their not worth anything, but I was glad to see something a little older. When I am a little more experienced I am going to branch out. Maybe go over to Dallas or Grapevine.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Dustbuster: If you are looking for places to hunt just say where you are. Someone
will probably respond. A good way to meet other coinshooters is join one of the clubs
in the Metroplex. Another is to drive around the older neighborhoods, where the old
coins are. The trick of getting permission to hunt old yards is to present yourself in a
friendly fashiion. Older folks like to talk. You must be willing to listen to them. They
all have a story to tell. If you let them tell it maybe they may listen to yours.

Or you can take your chances in the worked over parks looking over your shoulder.

Best 'o luck,
lastleg

PICCman

May 20, 2007
East Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / DetectorPro HH
Like lastleg said, stroll the older neighborhoods and wave and greet those
older homeowners that are out in their yards in the evening. Strike up a
conversation with them. A wonderful way to learn about a neighborhood
and those people have a wealth of knowledge about ....... pretty much
everything. Hint: leave the MD in the truck until permission obtained, but
always try to hunt the property promptly (rather than coming back later,)
because sometimes their adult children become suspicious and may advise
against. Shake hands and be courteous is my motto.

Good luck.....there is a whole nuther world inches below the surface!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread