FINALLY GOT A DETECTOR!!!!!!

'bulaDirtDog

Jan 12, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Discovery 3000(AKA a Sharpshooter II w/volume control)LOL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just picked up a virtually unused Radio Shack Discovery 3000 purchased on 5/27/1998.....used 3-4 times and put away in the closet! Still has the original box, manual, and.......the receipt!!!! If I'm not mistaken isn't this the same as the Sharpshooter II with an added volume control? Can't wait to study the manual, and try it out in the yard tomorrow!

Last edited:

GrizLeeBear

Jan 18, 2013
Full Time In An RV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats. It is always fun to get that new "toy". When you practice in the back yard, remember to put down all kinds of things, good and bad, and test on them all. You want to learn what that MD is telling you. Good luck on your first hunt!

Skwerly

Jan 24, 2013
Yucaipa, CA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome! +1 on the advice to test it on everything you can think of, from coins to jewelry to soda cans to hose fittings. Once you are familiar with its sounds your detecting days get a whole lot more fun. :)

OP
OP
'bulaDirtDog

'bulaDirtDog

Jan 12, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, I forgot to mention I paid $50.00!

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's to much for that detector

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
ya gotta start somewhere. I went through a few bounty hunters in two months, till I got a ace 150.
Since then i've got a few more. In the beginning I blamed the bounty hunters, but it was mostly my inexperience.
Get good with what you have, then when you are ready you can upgrade.

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BulaDirtDog. Just get at it don't worry bout those who may think your detectors cheap or you paid too much. Or some that may say the Bounty Hunters are no good. Go out there have some fun and learn how to metal detect. You may never see the need to upgrade. It's all so individual to who you are and what you want out of the hobby. Learning where to hunt and what your detector is telling you is the key. Have fun. I gotta ask you something though. You say your from NE Ohio isn't the ground..... like harder than heck right now? I've been out a little recently and digging sucks. I'm basically frozen out unless I want to use a battery jack hammer LOL. Good luck.

OP
OP
'bulaDirtDog

'bulaDirtDog

Jan 12, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BulaDirtDog. Just get at it don't worry bout those who may think your detectors cheap or you paid too much. Or some that may say the Bounty Hunters are no good. Go out there have some fun and learn how to metal detect. You may never see the need to upgrade. It's all so individual to who you are and what you want out of the hobby. Learning where to hunt and what your detector is telling you is the key. Have fun. I gotta ask you something though. You say your from NE Ohio isn't the ground..... like harder than heck right now? I've been out a little recently and digging sucks. I'm basically frozen out unless I want to use a battery jack hammer LOL. Good luck.

Hi Hunter, Well when I posted this back around Valentines Day the yard was very wet from a thaw and rain. Now, however it is a bit harder due to colder temps. Oh well......Just have to wait till spring! LOL Happy Hunting

scurvy_seadog

Feb 9, 2013
Grays Harbor washington
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Bounty hunter Pioneer 505, Garrett pro pointer, Garrett AT Gold.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ignore the nay sayers and enjoy the hobby. I really love this it is relaxing to me and I have found some cool stuff already.

Bevo1986

Feb 18, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
BH Platinum
Discovery 3300
I had a 3300 and loved it. It will find you slot of good stuff. Just take time and learn the machine. Don't listen to the elitists. I just upgraded to the B H Platinum but the 3300 is a quality machine when you learn it.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
where were your bargaining skills you should of talked him down a little never take the first offer
other than that you will have fun

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats, not a bad deal ! good luck and happy hunting.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have a Great Time with your Detector, I Found My Best Find With A Radio Shack Detector!!! Here is a Picture, Chug avatar17353_4 (2).jpg 14K six Ruibies 30.6 Grams

jayg

Mar 12, 2013
where the hell did you find something like that? good job! damn. that's like Indiana jones ****!

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you got an mxt for fifties bucks I would say you got a smoke-n deal a lot of people will up grade to some than better and have better finds to prove it...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread