May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit a park with a ball field and hunted the hill overlooking the field. I got a mid tone 12 30 on the etrac and thought this might be worth digging. When I popped the plug I could see a fine gold necklace. I thought that it must have a pendant because an Etrac would never pick up such as small chain and a 12 30 was way to high for it. I pushed my propointer in and got a signal. Great I thought this baby must have had a gold cross or pendant. But what I got was a bottle cap. Talk about dumb luck. Dig a bottle cap signal and get a gold necklace...my first FINALLY!. 14Kt Italy at 3gms.

Upvote 2

nov2101

Jul 6, 2012
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i with 2x3" eclipse, 6" DD,12" DD & 12"Hot shot.
Minelab CTX 3030 with 6" DD. 11"& 17"
2@Vibebra pin point probes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job JimDon, alaways double check trash on treasure!

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good! You sir were lucky, congrats on a great gold find!

Tenspeed

Mar 22, 2009
York County, SC
Detector(s) used
Currently: Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Past: XP Deus, Xterra 70, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim, You are the only person I know that can dig trash and get gold. I hope your 14K Italy is real since I have been seeing stories of fakes out there. Sorry you won't be available to hunt this weekend (have fun and good luck at the beach).

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My last three hunts have been nothing but pull tabs, old soda cans tops, new soda cans, and various pieces of iron/other junk.

Serious congratulations on the necklace.

testing123

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2009
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. A few weeks ago I found a bundle of chain with charms. Turns out the charms were junk but the chain was 14k. It only weighed 0.6 grams so it would never have been found of the charms weren't there.

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My last three hunts have been nothing but pull tabs, old soda cans tops, new soda cans, and various pieces of iron/other junk.

Serious congratulations on the necklace.

You must be going to the same places I've been going to... Serious dry spell for me as well, gotta believe the bad luck will turn to good luck with persistence! With every piece of trash/junk you dig your one step closer to a really good find!

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. A few weeks ago I found a bundle of chain with charms. Turns out the charms were junk but the chain was 14k. It only weighed 0.6 grams so it would never have been found of the charms weren't there.

Gold is gold, those charms on the chain were indeed lucky charms... at least for you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions