Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude ,it just blows me away how much you are finding up there. We used to hunt all day just for one bullet.lol Good stuff.

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds!!! Hope you feel better so you can go "git" some more real soon. Good luck.

Ironman!

Mar 25, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
MXT/Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another awesome hunt Papa Bear....congrats! I hear you about the time frame you like to find things.....but like you say, you got to dig them!! I do love the 1st two groups as well, WTG!!!

IM

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Papa Bear those are some amazing finds.....not to mention the other stuff you have found lately.:icon_thumleft:

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's a great hunt PB!!! Good luck getting rid of that cold as they are hard to shake in hot weather. HH, Quindy.

OP
OP
Papa Bear

Papa Bear

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2011
Western Territories
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Teknetics G2, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
???

Last edited:

metalev4

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2006
Nice martingale, they are tough to dig. Thanks for sharing. My finds are mostly from Western Camps and Forts as well.
-Evan

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very cool finds. I'm assuming 1870's?

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another successful hunt from you PB! Your results are surely worth the effort! Great stuff there!

Steve in Michigan

Apr 9, 2005
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350, Garrett Freedon Ace
Hey Papa Bear,

Is that a heart shaped martingale in the first picture? Nice find.

Your Friend,

Steve in Michigan

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I saw the first photo, I knew this would be a great post to read. That is a fantastic martingale and sword drag. Hope you feel better soon, and post some more great finds. Thanks for a wonderful post!

Cheers,

Buckles

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats still a GOOD Haul!

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer and Excalibur; Tesoro Tejon; Fisher 1265-X; Garrett Master Hunter; White's Coinmaster; In closet: Bounty Hunter and Relco
Primary Interest:
Other
WTG PB... I attempted to hunt some western forts when last on vacation out west in 1995. I did research in Washington and had some locations noted for Military Posts in Wy.Terr.. Did some searching down around San Antonio, Tx; then, Durango, Co.. Finding some old bottles at the latter as well as a few on the outskirts of Cripple Creek. I was prepared to head north for WYOMING when the wife became ill. Having three young children with me, had to end the vacation and head back east. Drove straight thru from Colo. Springs to Cinncinnati, for the wife to recoup at her families home; thence, back home to Florida a few days later. We were supposed to make a second attempt at Wy and S.D. a year or two later but never did make it. However, I did deteremine the site of the 1859 Capt. Pemberton post near Spirit Lake, Iowa. It was on the highest elev. on the east side of the lake, smack dab under a modern church and school. Great Banner finds--Look for my post some 1850's shoulder eppaulettes I dug in Florida after year 2000.

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice relics. :thumbsup: Congrats and hope you feel 100% soon.

HH

OP
OP
Papa Bear

Papa Bear

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2011
Western Territories
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
???

Last edited:
OP
OP
Papa Bear

Papa Bear

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2011
Western Territories
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
WTG PB... I attempted to hunt some western forts when last on vacation out west in 1995. I did research in Washington and had some locations noted for Military Posts in Wy.Terr.. Did some searching down around San Antonio, Tx; then, Durango, Co.. Finding some old bottles at the latter as well as a few on the outskirts of Cripple Creek. I was prepared to head north for WYOMING when the wife became ill. Having three young children with me, had to end the vacation and head back east. Drove straight thru from Colo. Springs to Cinncinnati, for the wife to recoup at her families home; thence, back home to Florida a few days later. We were supposed to make a second attempt at Wy and S.D. a year or two later but never did make it. However, I did deteremine the site of the 1859 Capt. Pemberton post near Spirit Lake, Iowa. It was on the highest elev. on the east side of the lake, smack dab under a modern church and school. Great Banner finds--Look for my post some 1850's shoulder eppaulettes I dug in Florida after year 2000.

I shall look them up. Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread