Finally got a SILVER coin with my new (used) XLT ~ silver #60 for the year

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
As most of you know already I love my Spectrum XLT ~ it's been a great machine for me for years now! I bought a second Spectrum XLT from a guy for only $250 in late June of this year. The machine seems to work just fine, but for some weird reason all the silver coins that I've dug since I bought it was found with my older XLT that I've had since 1999.

But I changed that today! I went detecting for about 30 minutes after I ate lunch and used my newer XLT and dug a 1963-D Silver Rosie dime, two wheats ('41-S & '50-S), and about a buck in clad. This is my silver coin #60 for the year (that's not counting any of the WAR nickels).

This is the forth time in a row that I've dug silver on my short lunch break detecting trips. Every Wednesday me and a few co-workers go out for a burrito lunch. I eat a big ol' burrito, then go dig some silver, and then head back to my office with a full belly and silver in my pocket!

Thanks for looking!
Neil

Attachments

• August20-2008.jpg
    August20-2008.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 686
Upvote 0

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice hunting, I found my first merc dime monday 1929 nice shape with my MXT sorry no picks yet there comen soon i hope. But then I switch too my gerrett master hunter CX pluss with the dept multaplyer, and snaged a 200 pound chunk of float copper with in 1 hour of turning it on. bran new mechine i just bot it from kellyco,I can't wait to show all my finds, then all be joe somebody:thumbsup:

OP
OP
oddcoins

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
wyattrr said:
Congrats on Silver Coin #60...What's your goal for the year? You're on pace to top 100+ easily...HH

Hello! I actually don't have a "number" goal for the year. I just wanna dig as many as I can! Last year I dug 66 silver coins & two Gold coins. So, I'm sure I'll beat that 66 silver count from last year, but I'll be surprised if I end up pulling out any more gold coins!

My only goal that I've set for myself was in 2007 to dig a Barber Quarter ~ but didn't do it. Now we're 2/3 into 2008 and I have yet to dig a Barber quarter. I've dug two Barber Halves and a dozen Barber Dimes, but no Barber Quarters?! WHY?!!

Later!
Neil

OP
OP
oddcoins

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
Rock On oddcoins ... :thumbsup:

I will make a large Pepperoni Pizza in your honor ...

Continue to persevere & kick silver butt ..

Nick

Pepperoni Pizza?! THAT'S MY FAVORITE! WOOHOOOO!!!!

l
;^)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread