Finally got out

Louherz

Jan 4, 2013
Fort Knox, KY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

Been hunting creeks lately without any luck. Got some permission to hunt some property in Southern Indiana. Flint littered the field. I found several preforms, a heartbreaker base and a decent point. It is nice to change my luck.

Louis

30 June Find.jpg
June 30 Hunt.jpg

Upvote 0

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. It looks like you've got good material in that area to hunt. - Good luck

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always nice to get out but always better if you score! Nice to see you posting again, its been a while for sure. 2nd pic 2nd row all the way to the right. I know its a scraper but I have found them like that here in Ga. I was wondering if it is snapped on the end facing up or does it look complete? I am trying to figure the name on them to see if they are just scrapers or a wood working type of tool. I have maybe 5 of them now but every one of them are snapped on the back end. I dont know if that was the design of them or if they are broken.

OP
OP
L

Louherz

Jan 4, 2013
Fort Knox, KY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is nice to be back on. Thanks, The site is unbelievable, flint nodules and chips everywhere. It seems to be a site where they roughly chipped the preforms.....maybe for trade? Rock, Not sure if it is a broken preform, blade or purposely broke. It is certainly functional. Anyone else know?

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So does the back of it come to a finished edge or does it look rough? All of mine look rough

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread