FINALLY hit all my goals, got 100th silver tonite!

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
at the first of the season I set some goals for myself and tonite I finally met my last goal. My goals for the year were:

1. 75 indians, hit that early so bumped it to 100, just hit that saturday
2. 100 silvers, tonite dug #100 and 101
3. find ANY seated coin. dug a seated dime AND a seated quarter this season
4. Find at least one large cent, I dug 2 this season, 1849 and a no dater
5. Find gold, ANY gold.....got a 1939 gold class ring about a month ago

I went to a site tonite I thought was hunted out, it is a field site and I have pounded it to death with my xterra 70 over last 2 seasons, BUT I have never been back since getting my etrac and my wife told me if you go there you will get silver. I laughed and said I doubt it....lol. This site had a church on it from 1870-1960. I have dug a lot of mercs, rosies, wheats, buffalo, some V nickels and handful of indians. And I thought it was cleared out as I have gridded it pretty hard. I went back tonite not expecting much.

I put the etrac into two tone ferrous and slowly crept thru the iron, well guess what it wasn't hunted out. First got the rosie for silver #100, then 2 minutes later I got the merc. Taking me to 101 silver for the season. I said sure would be nice to get another indian here and swinging to the car I got a toated indian, but it counts! :thumbsup:
The reverse is nice and the obverse is GONE...I also got what I think is a gold plated cufflink, the post is broke off.

It has been a wonderful season. I absolutely love the etrac it has pulled a lot of goodies from sites I have already hunted hard.

Attachments

• DSC00681.JPG
    DSC00681.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 401
  • DSC00682.JPG
    DSC00682.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 403
Upvote 0

Wldbil

Bronze Member
May 10, 2010
Claremore OK
Detector(s) used
White's XLT/ Garrett AT Pro/ Ace 250
Congrats on hitting the goals... :headbang: Very cool cuff link as well. :icon_thumright:

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I,ve been hunting 12 years hardcore. I still can-not compete with your 11 month finds in my hard 12 years. I'm talking rain, snow, 100+ heat.

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nova said:
I,ve been hunting 12 years hardcore. I still can-not compete with your 11 month finds in my hard 12 years. I'm talking rain, snow 100+ heat.
well I consider myself a hardcore hunter as well, but I am also a hardcore researcher. I normally don't hunt any sites that aren't at least 100+ yrs old. I bet I spend as much time researching sites as I do actual hunting

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2010
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI
damn, your a lucky man!!! id be lucky if i could get a silver coin every 6 months!!! i just got my 3rd silver coin today and the last one i found was in march of this year!!! :laughing7: :hello: :headbang: :hello2:

deano

Oct 25, 2008
sioux city ,iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus 2, Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 900, Nokta Makro Legend, Nokta Makro Simplex
WTG on a great year and not a moment too soon as I'm sure winter will be setting in soon. Congrats!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread