FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Erick and I hit the beach today. The water was still rough but we made it in anyway. When some of those big waves hit you they almost knocks the wind out of you.

It was great to finally get out and in the water, however after hunting a few hours my detector starting going crazy and I discovered that if you tap on the coil anywhere and even very lightly it would false so that was the end of my hunting.

A few minutes my buddy Erick pulled out a nice mens 14K ring and a stud earring 14K with a diamond,opal & some other stone in it.

I got my usual junk ring but it's still a ring and #30 for the year so far...

Attachments

• Picture 202.jpg
    Picture 202.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 872
  • Picture 203.jpg
    Picture 203.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 888
Upvote 0

Gold Dog

Mar 4, 2007
Southern Md.
Detector(s) used
Tesoros - Stingray 2 / Whites Eagle 2 SL90 / Whites Clacic 3 / Whites 2db
Nice Ring. Even if its not Gold finds like this keeps your heart rate up. At least for a minute or so. :wink: :wink:

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Looks the bling was all around, nice finds for you both. I just did a long hunt, and came away with about 2 bucks in clad, 2 pulltabs(from dry sand) and 2 pieces of can slaw. Any jewelry would be good jewelry to me :)

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job Bill.............. :munky2: :munky2:............Cotton

JoeSWFla

Jun 15, 2007
WTG Bill,It's still a ring.Hope the sand is starting to move some .That would be a welcomed
change.Only a little summer left for it to start doing something(besides sanding in).HH Joe

fldaphne

May 27, 2008
Gulfcoast of Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Beach Hunter ID
my detector starting going crazy and I discovered that if you tap on the coil anywhere and even very lightly it would false so that was the end of my hunting.

what makes that happen? I get that often, too, and it drives me crazy.

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
mine just started doin this also and I noticed that my iron mask has quit working......is there possibly a broken wire in the coil?

rdi

Sep 5, 2007
Zephyrhills, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Infinium LS, Sovereign GT, Fisher cz6a, Garrett sea hunter,Garrett vlf/tr groundhog
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr Bill... good to see you're up to your old tricks......Wish I could say the same ......rdi

OP
OP
FloridaBill

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marty-Graw said:
mine just started doin this also and I noticed that my iron mask has quit working......is there possibly a broken wire in the coil?

I am not sure I thought maybe there was either a broken wire or loose wire in the coil. It got so bad I couldn't even hunt with it because every Little wave or sand bottom or shell would make it sound off like there was a target there when there wasn't

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread