FINALLY I get to post some decent finds! Interesting day!

tracey

Jan 9, 2005
TN
There is an old foundation across the road from my parents place and I also found out through some research this week that further back on the property was an old school from around 1899-1900. I called the very nice man and got permission to check it out. He said the school burned down so long ago he couldnt tell me when. The house foundation had alot of bottles and old trash and a shed. I got the bottles there without much digging. We walked about a half mile and found the school foundation and chimney. There was also an old spring house that was still standing. I was in awe knowing that kids went to school there at one time because it was beautiful!! I wish I had thought to take my camera. It was SO hot we didnt dig alot. The temp was in the 90's today, and we havent had rain, so the ground was hard. The ticks were bad too. We found the rocks during our walk back. I think the one on the right is a geode because it looks like the ones we have found at mom and dads. I dont have the heart to break this one open. The rock to the left is rough on the outside and the dark part is very smooth. The small rock has a hole in the middle. If anyone knows anything about these please let me know! I am just excited because I finally have decent stuff to post!

Attachments

• bottles.jpg
    bottles.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 503
  • rocks.jpg
    rocks.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 504
Upvote 0

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Nice finds. Maybe when it cools down you can go back and find some coins.
Dman

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
The dark rock looks like flint. Great Finds!

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Great bottles! I don't know anything about rocks so I don't know if they are great or not LOL. Hope you continue to have some good finds at that site.

M-Squared

Mar 4, 2007
Long Beach, California
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum XLT & Bullseye II Probe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love that elephant shaped bottle. I don't think that's a planters peanuts jar. ???

Great finds and continued success. Looking forward to more...

HH from M2

Attachments

• Cool-03-june.gif
    Cool-03-june.gif
    4.5 KB · Views: 408

GrantWA

Feb 27, 2005
I am thinking those rocks, not the brown one, may be some kind of artifact. They just don't look natural to me, more like they were shaped.

The brown one, if it were here in Washington, would be petrified wood.

OP
OP
T

tracey

Jan 9, 2005
TN
I looked up the elephant bottle on ebay, because it says Grapette on the bottom. Apparently it was a Grapette soda bank, it should have had a slotted lid. The other taller clear bottle has a design on it near the top that is a cluster of grapes. I guess someone really liked grape stuff!
Thanks for the info on the rocks. The little one has a hole all the way through it. I cant wait to go back there again. I will definately be looking at the ground more closely. We also found the outhouse to the house area, but it was still mostly intact and I didnt want to tear it up digging. There is so much wire fence and nails in the ground near the house and the school I dont know where to start with the detector. The snakes and wild dogs in area also make me a little nervous. Luckily we didnt run into any. The next time we go back, I will post pics of both places. The schoolhouse area is incredibly beautiful.
Thanks for the replies!!!!! You guys and gals are the best!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
as I often say to "beginners"----get good finds often takes a bit of research---looks like yours paid off---- so far so good---Ivan

Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A nice collection of finds you have there. it sounds like a great site with loads of potential.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread