$10 to start off the day

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Happy Friday to all.

This morning was a good one. For starters, it is Friday! Always good huh! Then, as I am driving to work and like always watching the road for "finding" opportunities. My kids tease me all the time for stopping and picking up tools, sunglasses, sometimes money and other valuables...most of the time, it turns out to be a false alarm...junk. Anyway, as I am driving west 45 to 50 MPH toward work, traffic was light at 7am, I look to the side and think I see some money in the grass beside the road. So I turn around and creep up on the spot, sure enough it's a greenback! Folded in half, standing up in the grass as if saying, "come find me, here I am!" I go down and turn around again and come back to the spot, park my truck on the side of the road and go snatch it, a $5 bill. I walked up and down before and after the first fiver and found one more $5.

A free $10 to start the day!! Made my day. Then I went to work and put in my 11 hours like a good little robot engineer. ;D

I am pumped for tomorrow and Sunday. Thanks to all who took guesses in my contest. Good luck! The weather forcast is great tomorrow, low 50s in the morning and sunny all day both days.

Smiles!
BDoo

Attachments

• 10 bucks.jpg
    10 bucks.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 511
Upvote 0

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Now that's the way to find it! Good eyes.

M-Squared

Mar 4, 2007
Long Beach, California
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum XLT & Bullseye II Probe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's the sign of a good omen for tommorrow. Come back on one piece!

HH from M2

Attachments

• genie.gif
    genie.gif
    66.9 KB · Views: 413

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
I can't believe you Cal, you don't even have to be swinging your md & you attract the money. You must have the eyes of an eagle to spot a five spot while driving down the road! Way to go. Good hunting this weekend, I want to see gold and silver on your next post. ;D

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
finderzzs said:
Pays for some gas eh? Where do you work? 11 hours. Sounds like Tecumseh products.

I am engineer for an automotive supplier (tier 1 and tier 2). We have a big quote package due so I had to stay and get it done. The joys of being an engineer I guess... OT (own time...lol) That place you mention sounds familiar. Thanks Finderzzs!!

Smiles!
BDoo

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Check the serial #'s make sure it aint conterfiet ;D

Attachments

• 000_0423.JPG
    000_0423.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 344
  • 000_0423.JPG
    000_0423.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 367

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
Tecumseh products is in Tecumseh, Mich. my friend was an engineer there and he had those same long hours. They make compressors for a/c units.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
looks like some "free" gas for this weekends hunting---Ivan

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
finderzzs said:
Tecumseh products is in Tecumseh, Mich. my friend was an engineer there and he had those same long hours. They make compressors for a/c units.

OK, that's why, we produce the pipes and hoses for HVAC.

In this day and age, hard work and dedication is about the only thing that helps keep a worker around when times get tough... and they are right now in our industry. At least I doo enjoy my work.

:)

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Thanks to you all for the comments.

I guess we all like finding free cash money. ;D

I'll take it!

Smiles!
BDoo

Talos

Dec 10, 2004
I have that beat. Found a 100 rupees note today sitting on top of a trash barrel at the car wash. Well, I guess I don't, as according to the exchange rate it's worth a little over $2. Anyone going to India?

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Talos said:
I have that beat. Found a 100 rupees note today sitting on top of a trash barrel at the car wash. Well, I guess I don't, as according to the exchange rate it's worth a little over $2. Anyone going to India?

lol ;D ;D

Where there's one there is usually more in my experience.
Cash is cash, nice find!

I think i have a 10,000 Deutchmark bill from the early 20th century... it's worth like 20 cents or something.

Smiles!
BDoo

Talos

Dec 10, 2004
I looked deeper into the barrel but didn't find any more cash. My rupees note now joins my $10 Jamaican bill -- the latter found at the local football field several years ago.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions