Finally it rain hard, so we went to the park

Cuerno

Jan 31, 2008
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Other
the rain got the first four inches wet at the park, Larry found some wheat's and a 1916 Barber dime, only the second one ever found that we know of, the last time one was found was in Sept. 2004 by your truly(a 1892). There is four of us that hunts this park almost every weekend since it became open to metal detecting in 2004. For almost a year now it been so dry here and not much has been found at this park. Three weeks ago we had 5 hunters at this park and a total of 6 wheat's and one silver dime was found only. But today it was wet and the two of us had a total of 15 wheat's, Larry's Barber dime and my Mercury dime, silver ring, and a silver medallion. Happy Trails 2 U...

Attachments

• Larry\'s barber dime.jpg
    Larry\'s barber dime.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 633
  • park finds 9-11-2009.jpg
    park finds 9-11-2009.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 641

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It rained something like 15 inches up in Slado this afternoon and it shutdown I-35 up there for awhile.

smugpot

Dec 24, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster III
i am new but i was inspired by your post and went out after the large rain found my first bullet

OP
OP
Cuerno

Cuerno

Jan 31, 2008
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Other
smugpot said:
i am new but i was inspired by your post and went out after the large rain found my first bullet
What machine do you use? Rain or shine, the parks here in San Antonio are closed now to metal detecting cause someone dug an artifact and didn't tell anyone. If he didn't tell, how do they know, and at the city meeting they didn't have a name or what was found. They can keep their stinking parks, time for another fiel trip... Happy trails 2 U...

smugpot

Dec 24, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster III
I USE A CLASSIC III AND THEY HAVE A DON,T ASK DON,T TELL HERE AT THE PARKS
IF YOU DIG CLEAN AND LEAVE IT CLEAN THEY DO NOT CARE I AM KINDA BURNED OUT ON THE PARKS I FOUND A SITE THAT AN OLD MILL I,M GONNA WORK THAT area for a spell and see what i dig up

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions