Finally made it to local beach hunt

Jeff3006

Aug 11, 2020
Luzerne county PA
Detector(s) used
At pro, pro pointer at
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday was the first day that we were able to hunt the beaches at state parks. Took the day off work and was there at day light. Being my first time hunting water i didnt know what to expect or really what i was doing but i had a great day! Found over 5 dollars in clad and a lot of costume jewelry. Every time i had something in my scoop i just kept thinking wow there it is gotta be a good one lol. Even though it was all costume jewelry, i had a blast!!! Definitely will be going again.
20200908_125526.jpg

Upvote 11
So where you in the water like snorkeling down or just tide line/knee high? I have wanted to get into the water recently though there are not a lot of great places where I hunt to do that with the waves/tides. I have started going knee high but water movement makes sweeping my coil basically impossible. My brother did go in last month and pulled up an iPhone from the waves.

It was a fresh water state park beach here in pa. Found most about chest deep.

Cool finds for a first water hunt! Thanks for sharing.

Thank you! I really had a great time and plan on hitting more lakes.

It was a fresh water state park beach here in pa. Found most about chest deep.

Ah, makes sense. Haven't found any good area for me like that and I am under the impression that in Virginia all public land except beaches are off limits for metal detecting. I need to look into that a bit more but thank you for the information :D

I missed out on the post labor day water hunts, was cold, rainy and miserable for most of the day.

Might want to make yourself a floating sifter for beach hunting, makes water hunting more efficient.

Cool finds, congrats! :icon_thumleft:

When I was living in NYC,, I would hit the beaches all the time. There's gold out there, be patient.
Congratulations

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back