Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweeeet!!

Only took 21 boxes to finally find a piece of silver!!

The real bad part, is that this bank teller wont order any more for me unless I start doing more transactions, as I havent done any. She had my info all up on the screen, and I didnt even give it to her today, and only spoke with her once last week to set the order up... Isnt it nice, give someone a little power, and they spy and snoop into your history... the orwellian nightare coming true...

And also, this is the first bank that I have gotten different halves, all my previous have been skunk and sons rolls... real bummer, I found a good source, and im already cut off

I did 3 boxes yesterday(skunked of course), and got 2 from this bank today, this is from the second box, first was skunked... I still have to go through this box and see if there is more... wish me luck... Im saving this roll for last too

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121220_000233.png
    ForumRunner_20121220_000233.png
    148.1 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Infowarrior

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me too man.. Thanks!

It wasnt a ben like you were hoping for, but maybe there is one inside

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just use your debit card to pay for a couple small things every month.. Gas.. Food.. Cigarettes... Whatever.. Then you will have more transactions..

OP
OP
Infowarrior

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See, thats where I have a problem... Im tired of every single thing I do being tracked and databased and sold for profit between greedy corporations... maybe im just weird like that, hah

Maybe ill start moving some money in and out of the account with different branches, buying coin or something... It still does creep me out that she had my account info on her screen

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See, thats where I have a problem... Im tired of every single thing I do being tracked and databased and sold for profit between greedy corporations... maybe im just weird like that, hah

Maybe ill start moving some money in and out of the account with different branches, buying coin or something... It still does creep me out that she had my account info on her screen

Don't be too paranoid.. Any bank that you use will probably want to see that you have a legitimate use for having an account besides CRH.. This is the best way to get her off of your back. But in all honesty.. Searching that many boxes at any type of bank will get tellers pulling up your account info. Especially if you pick up from multiple branches.. dont worry about it too much.. just do some quick and simple transactions every month.. Even if it is one or two..

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not agreeing with the system won't get you anywhere, you gotta play ​it

OP
OP
Infowarrior

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You call it paranoid, I call it aware...

Anyways, total is (1) 1969

UGH! oh well, still got more boxes to open this weekend... pz

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't mean it in a negative way, so I'm sorry if it came off that way.. I just meant that I don't think it is much to worry about...

OP
OP
Infowarrior

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No harm done, I wasnt trying to be negative, just the potato, potatoe thing

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Can't you just deposit some of the money at a different branch of that bank and withdraw it from your account with the ATM? That's not being tracked too much.

OP
OP
Infowarrior

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah boris thats what I was thinking of

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
I basically do what Boris says as well. Works petty good so far. Don't do it every time, but a few times a month I deposit a few bucks then withdraw them at another branch.

Gotta remember the bank pays for this service. Some banks (not all) get testy about it if you appear to be using them for a coin service with no other transactions. I learned this the hard way last year...

Good luck

ParisRoubaix

Mar 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are they going to do, come to your house and steal your silver? If your doing less than 10 g's a week your not even on the radar. All the tellers in a 15 mile radius know me, most of them hate. All I do is buy and exchange coins for cash, do I care, not one bit. Track me all you want, if the come down on me boy are they really wasting their time. Go stop the people from shooting other people not worry about me collect a couple ounces of silver a month geez. Big picture people

ParisRoubaix

Mar 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get at least 2 boxes of halves from this one branch each week and between all of the other branches $2000 in dimes each month. they supply me with $6000 min in coin per month all I have to do is use my debit card 10 x per month. I buy a drink at BJ's for $0.69 each Saturday when I go (4 transactions), then I put $5-10 in gas in my car each week with this card another 4 transactions. Buy a coffee a couple times and I'm done. They have a K-Cup machine at all the branches so I get at least 2-3 cups of coffee per week from them. There's a $10 bonus right there and the fees are only like $8.95 if you don't make 10 transactions. It's a small price to pay to get free coffee and $6k in coin each month, oh and they give me bags to dump coin in that I exchange for cash at a totally different bank! Not a different branch a different bank! Work the system

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011

Greedy corporations? Oh, you mean like BANKS??? Dude, I got a news flash for you. Banks are in this to make money, not cater to our whims. If you don't have any transactions, you aren't making them any money. If you don't carry a large balance, you aren't making them any money. If you order boxes of coins, you are actually COSTING them money. I would think that if doing a few transactions is what it takes to keep ordering boxes for free, then do the transactions!

Another news flash - yes, they track what you do. They can pull up your entire account history on their screen, and will reference it frequently. It's not snooping or abusing power, it's what they're being paid to do, and it's been going on since I was a teller in the 1980's, and surely before that as well. Goes back to how they make money. In my case, I would pull up the account balances of people, and if they say had a large balance in their checking accout, I'd try to sell them a money market account or CD (this is back when there was such a thing as interest rates...). It happens. Get over it.

Sorry if I come across as harsh, but this is the price you pay for the chance to make "free" money.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread