Sad Sad Day

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's gotta go....sellin' off my stash. My hard earned stash, that's for sure. I've got some debt and bills, and this will actually put me back in the black again. I figure after I sell it, I'll be much more financially stable and then I can CRH and purely enjoy it for the hobby rather than worrying about how much $$ I'm making in silver each week. So, in a way this is setting me free. I also have some of my dad's and grandma's coins that are going too. I'm selling to provident metals. It's not a lot, honestly, but it's enough to make a difference. Of course, I'm only selling culled silver and am keeping all my really good coins.

See ya JFK

Upvote 0

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
It's gotta go....sellin' off my stash. My hard earned stash, that's for sure. I've got some debt and bills, and this will actually put me back in the black again. I figure after I sell it, I'll be much more financially stable and then I can CRH and purely enjoy it for the hobby rather than worrying about how much $$ I'm making in silver each week. So, in a way this is setting me free. I also have some of my dad's and grandma's coins that are going too. I'm selling to provident metals. It's not a lot, honestly, but it's enough to make a difference. Of course, I'm only selling culled silver and am keeping all my really good coins.

See ya JFK

Man, that sucks. :( Hope you can get out of the debt.

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That does suck. I don't know if you are able to, but if you can hang onto it until the first part of next year, the price of silver SHOULD go up. Either way, that "getting set free" from debt that you talked about is priceless!
Good luck.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SilverForBrains, sorry you had to sell, but thank goodness you had the silver to pay off your debts, look at that as a positive thing! time to rebuild the stack!
hh
buff

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
I think you are doing the right thing. It's so important to be debt free. Gives you a much better outlook on life.

Hope you find a bunch more real quick!

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
This is the wrong time to sell, if you can, hold onto it, it should start gaining traction again after the first of the year. I was going to sell all my 40% halves at $35 and I missed that target by 73 cents if I recall correctly. I should be rebuying in with the money right now and instead, I have to wait for the next peak. This is the time to buy not the time to sell, hold off.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey SFB, sometimes more important things come up, as I'm sure you're experiencing right now, this one of the reasons that I CRH, for the "just in case of" scenario. I wish you the best of luck in solving your problem! Good luck! Maverick.

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Getting out of debt will set you free, it is a good feeling. Once you get past that you can enjoy the hobby worry-free like you said. It'll be another chapter in your life behind you.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully it takes a nice chunk out of your debt.. There is nothing more depressing than selling silver.. Now you just have to find more..

jamin_03

Jul 8, 2012
Tacoma, Washinton
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the best way to sell your Ag? I, of course, won't be doing it till the spot price goes up, but where do you go to sell silver coins at spot price?

Jamin

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the best way to sell your Ag? I, of course, won't be doing it till the spot price goes up, but where do you go to sell silver coins at spot price?

Jamin

I strongly recommend Provident Metals for buying or selling, the same that SFB said he will be useing. I keep there "Sell it to us" page in my favs and check it everyday, it is adjusted every few minutes based on spot. Some people have good luck with C-list but I never have, nothing but lowballers or people trying to figure out were you live etc... You can always try a "test" add to see how your area is, you don't really have to have anything to sell and can delete the add anytime. Simple as placeing an add for a roll of 40%s or 90%s for a set price or best offer, you'll soon find out if it's going to work for you or not.

XDSA40

Oct 27, 2012
IN
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tough time to sell, spot price of silver is crashing. People taking profits before year end earlier this week, now others selling to avoid losses or taking losses before year end for tax purposes. Getting one's debt structure in order is a good thing though. Good luck man. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

ckrakowski

May 7, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey i had to sell my collection awhile ago but like i said then finding them is half the fun.

toorude89

Jul 2, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sad to hear this, buddy. I recently sold 60 40%ers. Get the man off your back and come back twice as strong.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your timing to sell wasn't perfect, but I can think of few things better to do with your silver than use it to get out of debt.

OP
OP
SilverForBrains

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your timing to sell wasn't perfect, but I can think of few things better to do with your silver than use it to get out of debt.

I'd love to hear 'em man, I haven't gotten my check yet so I'm open to suggestions!

OP
OP
SilverForBrains

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for the comments, I know this is a bad time to sell, but I may buy back in if it really falls. If it starts rising next year, that'll be great, I plan to keep searching. Already, I feel much more relaxed searching boxes, I don't feel like it's a race. Now that I've made some money, it's all icing on the cake from here on. I got a box of pennies today, and found a silver quarter in a teller tray. the stack goes on! of course, I kept all my walking liberties too :)

OP
OP
SilverForBrains

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the wrong time to sell, if you can, hold onto it, it should start gaining traction again after the first of the year. I was going to sell all my 40% halves at $35 and I missed that target by 73 cents if I recall correctly. I should be rebuying in with the money right now and instead, I have to wait for the next peak. This is the time to buy not the time to sell, hold off.

if debt interest didn't exist, I would have obviously made a big mistake. But taking into account the money I will save by paying off the overwhelming portion of my debt, I'm already ahead. plus, selling to provident metals at $30 an ounce was like selling on ebay at $34 an ounce

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
I know the feeling...had to sell a couple rolls of 90% today. The kid needs a new set of drums! Not bad considering I actually bought them for $20.:thumbsup:

Maine_Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread