Finally some silver!

BomberJohn

Apr 6, 2008
North Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab ETrac
Actually found 2 Silver coins this weekend.
The first was while the wife and I were out at some yard sales. I had yet to even see a silver three-cent coin prior to yesterday. Then I spotted this 1852 for a buck. It's a bit worn on the obverse and slightly distorted on one edge, but I had to have it.

It was so much smaller than I envisioned it. Everyone posts the pictures of them and you'd thing they were the size of at least a penny. It is in a dime sized cardboard holder. So you can see how tiny it is.

My second silver, I dug up myself this morning. My first silver coin metal detecting. A 1941 Mercury Dime! I had one of those mornings where I was digging little more than shotgun shells, bullet casings, and bullets. I was disappointed and heading back to the car for the morning when I got a nice dime signal. This baby popped up and it made my day.

The only other keepers of the day were: 1 penny, 1 nickel, 1 dime, and 1 quarter. All clad.
Thanks for looking. Hope you're all out detecting and finding the good stuff.
BomberJohn

Upvote 0

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Those 3-centers are really cool coins...and very small!! Nice find for a buck at the yardsale.

Congrats on your first silver with your detector. You'll never forget your first silver!
Good luck. Hope you find a lot more. Where you live, I'm thinking you'll find some really oooold coinage. :thumbsup:

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on that first silver! 8) And the three cent'r is still on my gotta have list. :D

Nana :wink:

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Good job on the Merc. Now that you have found one you're bound to find more.

Love that little silver!!!

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Awesome job on the mercury dime! I remember when i popped out a 1950 silver rosie. Man that was a good day. Glad you got your first silver! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread