Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to my Local GW store, which I usally only find good deals on name brand clothes and bags.

Well I saw a set of plates that were actually of my tasting...I flipped one of them over to see Metropoltian Musuem of Art.

So I took the chance at 1.15 each ( 4 of them)...>Got home and saw an older Ebay listing that sold 6 of them for 90 bucks shipped!

So it wasnt a HUGE find or anything...but to me it was a score!

I thought it was funny how GW put the "$1.15" Sticker right on top of the orignal $19.50 sticker...usally my GW will try and match prices if they are already on there

Attachments

• CAM00913.jpg
    CAM00913.jpg
    398.3 KB · Views: 102
  • CAM00912.jpg
    CAM00912.jpg
    490.4 KB · Views: 109

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huge or not, a worthwhile find indeed! With that $90 sale, you should be expecting around $60 on a $4.60 investment.. HUGE return if you ask me. :)

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find!

is it common to see a price like 1.15? Near me, they always are x.99 so on a small item, its either .99 or 1.99, nothing in between.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MMA stuff usually sells pretty well considering they are all reproductions of earlier designs. I have several pieces of MMA glass.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you for the pictures! I have a MMA pendant I got in a jewelry jar. I had no idea that they make other stuff as well. I guess maybe I need to venture out of the jewelry section.

Congrats on your find! That is a great return for your investment.

(ps-- If you have a smart phone, you can check auctions right in the store. I have the Ebay app on my phone. I picked up a brooch because I saw that they went for a lot more than GW was asking.)

tamaco

Oct 16, 2013
southwest
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter 2000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great return! Nice find. Sometimes goodwill gives :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Diggin-N-Dumps

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find!

is it common to see a price like 1.15? Near me, they always are x.99 so on a small item, its either .99 or 1.99, nothing in between.

Oh Yea, They just started this about 6 months ago...EVERYTHING they sell has odd prices. The T-shirts are 1.85...Pants .4.15...I guess they figure a 6 dollar outfit is still a good price..lol

Atlanta Mi Dave

Feb 19, 2009
Atlanta, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark and Tesoro Cibola Minelab 505, Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually don't have much luck up here in northern Michigan at Goodwill's and Salvation Army's, but we donate a lot to them. When I do find something good, it's usually something that I want for myself and not for the Bay.

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh Yea, They just started this about 6 months ago...EVERYTHING they sell has odd prices. The T-shirts are 1.85...Pants .4.15...I guess they figure a 6 dollar outfit is still a good price..lol

Thats not too bad... Its 4.99 for almost all shirts and pants here, many nice brands start at 7.99.
Unless its really nice, I try to get the half off ones and use the 10% card to make it reasonable. Even the ratty old t-shirts are 4.99!

OP
OP
Diggin-N-Dumps

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats not too bad... Its 4.99 for almost all shirts and pants here, many nice brands start at 7.99.
Unless its really nice, I try to get the half off ones and use the 10% card to make it reasonable. Even the ratty old t-shirts are 4.99!

Yea, i guess it isnt...the good thingk about this goodwill....and it might be the same in most places. But the workers are mainly High school kids that was on Probation . And they can barely get the gender right on the clothes..lol

I have found some BRAND NEW Tommy Bahama shirts and shorts in there before for under 5 bucks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread