Finally, The ground is thawed and giving up its treasures!

JimmeyC

Oct 15, 2012
N. Tonawanda, Amherst, NY
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug, Garrett Ultra GTA 1000, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally, The ground is thawed and giving up it's treasures!

Well it's been a long winter here in Western NY but it's finally warming up! Got out detecting the last few days with the new E-Trac and MAN, do I like this machine!!!

First day out I decided to hit part of the old Erie canal tow path, 10 Min into the walk.... I get a SCREAMING HIT!!! A LARGE CENT!!!

Lg1.jpg Lg2.jpg Lg3.jpg

What a way to start the new season!!! LOL, I didn't matter what I found after that but it was the normal clad and junk. Since, Iv'e been slowly cleaning it up and after days I finally have a date.... 1849!!!

Day 2 with Project Pat was just a beautiful day... We hit a few sites without much luck. Our 3rd stop was a mill from the early 1800's. There I dug a 1910 penny and this brass or bronze ball... The only thing I can think is a LARGE bell clapper. (any thoughts would be great)! On our way out, Pat showed me a great place to dig bottles! Thanks Pat!!!

20130312_101459 copy.jpg

The next day I got out again.... Another place along the Erie Canal. Wile I was not expecting much here.... DANG WAS I WRONG!!! Clad, clad, clad, some wheaties..... and BAM!!! My first GOLD RING!!! I was in shock and disbelief but wait.... there is something still in this plug.... A STERLING RING!!! WITH A STAR SAPPHIRE!!! :hello2: I just sat there staring... I just couldn't believe it! After checking the general area well I washed them off and was done for the day! LOL, I didn't think any thing else I dug would have mattered at that point! Still so psyched!

R1 copy.jpg R2 copy.jpg

:-) Thanks for looking and hope you enjoyed! HH to all!!!

Upvote 4

rastinirv

Jan 21, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, what a sensational hunt. Nice going! Those two rings are extremely cool

Thommy

Mar 12, 2012
Northern Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Nautilus MF, Fisher 1266, Heathkit
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Always cool to find gold... but I really like that star sapphire ring, it really shines!

OP
OP
JimmeyC

JimmeyC

Oct 15, 2012
N. Tonawanda, Amherst, NY
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug, Garrett Ultra GTA 1000, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always cool to find gold... but I really like that star sapphire ring, it really shines!

Thank you.. it cleaned up very nice. And wouldn't you know it.... they are both my girlfriends size!!! Hahahaaa...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread