ftwhite03

ftwhite03

Oct 15, 2008
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I got a Garrett Ace 250. I figured it would be good for just starting out. I did some detecting when I was a kid, but its been a while.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for you. I've heard good things about that model. You'll get right back into it; it's like riding a bicycle, I guess. Except you won't hit a curb and fly through the air, and have to go to the e.r. and get sewed up, like I did that one time. Probably, anyway. GH!

snowdogg70

Jun 23, 2011
burlington ontario
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 bounty hunter 2200's garrett at pro 2 garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i've heard nothing but good things about that machine as well ,you will be hooked when you dig your 1st pulltab :BangHead:

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
ftwhite03 said:
I got a Garrett Ace 250. I figured it would be good for just starting out. I did some detecting when I was a kid, but its been a while.

Bad idea, you are going to be most unhappy with it. You can PM me for why. I don't wish to listen to a hundred people's opinions about their favorites.

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He already ordered it so what's the point? I have one and I've found some good things with it. It is a good machine to start with, but I plan on upgrading only because I became more into the hobby than I thought I would. It's something that won't break the budget if you find you don't become that hooked on the hobby. Good luck and can't wait to see your finds!

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ftwhite03 said:
You got a good detector there! Do yourself a favor & go to youtube.com & check out the Ace250 videos as they will help with the learning curve.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
relichunters said:
ftwhite03 said:

Bad idea, you are going to be most unhappy with it. You can PM me for why. I don't wish to listen to a hundred people's opinions about their favorites.
You will like the Ace...dont worry about what relichunters says....wonder why what he has to say about it is such a secret?

OP
OP
ftwhite03

ftwhite03

Oct 15, 2008
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Meh, I wasn't trying to start a debate on whether or not the Ace 250 was good. I'm not going to entertain the PM. I actually got it in last night and tested it out in the yard a bit. I like it so far and think its good just for the sheer fact that I'm a beginner. If I want to upgrade later on down the line I will. I plan on going out later today to an area I've been researching for a while.

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You'll do fine with the Ace 250.

You'll probably find that technology has made a few leaps since the last time you used a detector.

Just play around with it and have some fun!

If you can swing it, a Garrett Propointer will make the hobby a lot more enjoyable. It really helps you to zero in on targets when you go to dig. :icon_thumleft:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The 250 is a good machine. Just think of it as a 2500 without all the bells and whistles. Just your basic, reliable, detector. TTC

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
lookindown said:
relichunters said:
ftwhite03 said:

You will like the Ace...dont worry about what relichunters says....wonder why what he has to say about it is such a secret?

I buy and test machines in all their functions. I see the pros and cons of them. ACE 250 was 3rd worst so far. I look for a detector that is perfect, which I have already found. One of the reasons so many recommend it, is simply because they see everyone else recommend it and assume it's a good solid detector. If you compare it to a dozen other brands and models, you will see a big difference.

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Warning! You will develope a rubber neck! Everywhere you drive your neck will be moving left to right looking for sites at which to hunt. Backhoes, bulldozers, and construction sites will attract your attention!

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I look for a detector that is perfect, which I have already found.
[/quote]

Ok, I'll ask.

Based on your research, which detector did you conclude was perfect?

I'm genuinely curious.

OP
OP
ftwhite03

ftwhite03

Oct 15, 2008
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I went out and used it a bit yesterday before the weather turned sour. I liked it quite a bit, but I still need some practice. The place I had been looking at had a sign out front that said not to disturb the soil so I hit up a local park. There was a lot of trash so I put it on the coin only setting and found a bit of clad. I didn't find anything special but I had fun doing it which is what matters I think. There are quite a few old places around where I live and I cant wait to get out there and hunt them.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the ace 2 fiddy.. have fun digging ghost targets,dept being wrong , I.D being off,better you

than me with that bell tone. and it eat battery.you would of better off to get a White's or a Tesoro.

relicminer

Dec 31, 2010
Pike County Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro-pointer, Lecshe Digging Tool, Predator Mauler T-Handle
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Boy you have went and done it now, your going to get hooked....lol :icon_thumleft: Oh, bye the way welcome to our addiction!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread