Finally!

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not a troll they live below the Mackinaw bridge I live a bove.

but it doesn't matter you will be up dating.

justanotherbarber

Jan 30, 2012
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Vaquero, Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
An update in the future is is a must, but the 250 is one of the best to get your feet wet with. You don't need a $1000 detector to get started. No matter what machine a newb gets, we should be supportive.

A

AlFu

Listen, I had my Ace 250 for a couple of years and I'm kicking myself for selling it. Before I went and bought another machine, I got the additional coils for the Ace. The 4.5 inch Sniper works great in trash infested sites and the 9 x 12 was just what I needed to hunt the fields. I found that false signaling happened when I was making some minor errors like having the sensitivity too high when the ground conditions warranted less do to the mineralization. Sometimes I thought that every little blip was going to be a good target but I soon realized that I was better off not digging every little blip but to concentrate on good repeatable signals. Once I did that, my finds quadrupled! One other point about the Ace 250 is that you should never keep the coil directly on the ground. It should be kept at least one inch up at all times during your swing. Let me know how these tips work out for you and congratulations on your new machine!

H.H.

Al

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my uncle found over 160.00 bucks with his ace 2 fiddy Dug more holes than he should of ,unfortunate, it was all clad. the only silver he found was when I let him use my White's.he said his detector is hard on batteries,can't run pass 2 never found any thing deep or good. but he's hooked.

Now my ant and here prizm V never dug a target that wasn't there. If it beeped there was some then there when she dug. can't wait un till this summer when she comes up from Chicago.

My uncle is looking for a gold detector now. he goes to Arizona every year he said some thing a bout a fisher gold bug.

justanotherbarber

Jan 30, 2012
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Vaquero, Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
liftloop said:
My uncle is looking for a gold detector now. he goes to Arizona every year he said some thing a bout a fisher gold bug.

I live in AZ and a lot of people swear by the Fisher. He'll love it down here with the fisher.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
justanotherbarber,

yea,
that what he said, but I told him he better make sure that you can use it else were, because the way gold detectors discriminate it like hunting in all metal mode,you dig every thing.Or they don't knock out aluminum and you dig that too. Because that's were gold is found. but forgive him he does not know enough about detector.

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
justanotherbarber said:
Don't listen to the trolls bad mouthing your new detector. If you look, you won't see the 250 under the detectors they use, or have used.

Good luck, you have a fine machine to start with.

Don't include me in this, I owned the 250 for many months.

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
:icon_thumright:

it's all good man- no matter what you found to find your finds...post what you recover, treat every place you dig like it's your own lawn (and fill in your holes), and enjoy every minute of recovering your finds.

some people don't like or can't stand the bell tone (I for one didn't mind it, just it would ring your ears for hours if you accidentally turned the volume up too loud!) the tone never bothered me, and it was easy to understand that stuff close to the surface would sound different then stuff six inches down...

I had an Ace 350 and it was a good solid machine- I found stuff with it before I got my minelab and traded it off. I will say this, dig everything at first! my 14k ring avatar came up as a nickel on the Ace! :laughing7: soooooo you never know what you'll find until you dig! :)

enjoy man. and HH.

:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread