FINALLY!

joecherry

Dec 27, 2012
central illinois
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So i posted a thread on here about a week ago and it was me pouting about not finding a single silver yet besides a little ring, but yet i have pulled a couple 1800's artifacts including a 1847 large cent.

And i was just farting around by the basketball court today in one of my parks and i hit an oddly clean sounding hit with by Bounty hunter tracker IV (whoever can say whatever about the first texas brand but my BH has been very very good to me, hardly ever lies to me and disc. is spot on.) it wasnt a harsh, loud, high pitched bang that vibrates the hole detector, as it does with clad dimes and quarters. It was a smooth, subtle humm...I have never really heard this sound before and i was debating on even digging it, but what the heck i was about to leave anyways. I stabbed my chisel down about two inches and popped up a frozen chunk of dirt and grass, and i saw a serated rim thinking eh clad dime, stabbed my chisel in about 1/2 inch below it and popped out.
1906 BARBER DIME !!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOHOOOOO i could have layed there in the snow n mud all day and enjoyed the moment !
MY FIRST SILVER!!!!
and it came from a real mellow soft tone on my detector, i have passed up a few of those before not thinking anything of it. I was always under the impression that all coins hit real hard like the clad ones i had always found, and i was wrong and who knows at what price :BangHead:
But you live and you learn.

AND MOST OF ALL YOU LEARN YOUR MACHINE, I HAVE LEARNED ALOT ABOUT MY CHEAPO MACHINE THAT YOU WOULD THINK WOULD TAKE 10 SECONDS TO MASTER.
WRONG!!!!!!
A BEEP SPEAKS VOLUMES ABOUT WHAT IS UNDER YOUR COIL :)

im thinking about sticking to a beep n dig machine like a tesoro and throwing the TDI idea right out the window.

WILL POST PICS SOON.

Upvote 1

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! I love my cheapo Tesoro. Only weights about 2 pounds and it's paid for itself numerous times over. Got a gold coin with it a few weeks ago.

OP
OP
J

joecherry

Dec 27, 2012
central illinois
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! I love my cheapo Tesoro. Only weights about 2 pounds and it's paid for itself numerous times over. Got a gold coin with it a few weeks ago.

Congrats on the gold coin !!!
I couldnt imagine the high upon processing that gold glimmer in the old brain... Must have been a memorable moment! And a feeling that i envy :hello2:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahhhh yes! Finally! As many had tried to help you through the dry spell, I did too and there ya go!! Good job!

More than that, you LEARNED something that'll change your way of hunting for the better.

When I started it was with a Groundhog and it was all about discerning what it was telling me. I trained my ear to hear things that just about everybody I hunted with couldn't. Or, wouldn't. :)

Way to go!

Congrats!

HH!

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a awesome find!

Dignitup

Jan 17, 2008
Ackerman,MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! And just so you know i mostly use my dfx but i wouldnt get rid of my tesoro for anything. I still use it from time to time but mostly my wife uses it when she goes with me. Great machine and also i have a buddy that uses nothing but bounty hunters and swears he wouldnt have anything else.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions