FINALLY!

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
This is as good as it gets as far as I'm concerned, especially lately. Been a long winter, huh? I really wish I was the one to find it. The Hubby was working on the rock wall (some may remember this, getting there), he was running the water to make concrete, creating a small stream, and out pops this feller. The white color is one of my favorites, and more rare. I am glad I have taught him to pay attention for me, thanks Gerry!

The scanned pictures (if I can get them to post) do NO do this point any justice, the color is much more white than it shows.

Any info. on age, use, material, would be greatly appreciated. You folks are the experts, your knowledge is amazing. Thanks for looking, I hope the pic's do it justice. It sure is nice holding it!

Attachments

• nice point2.JPG
    nice point2.JPG
    14.9 KB · Views: 364
  • point1.JPG
    point1.JPG
    19.5 KB · Views: 394
  • points2.JPG
    points2.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 387
  • nice point1.jpg
    nice point1.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 380
  • nice point2.JPG
    nice point2.JPG
    14.9 KB · Views: 379
Upvote 0

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice point,

HH, Fossis...............

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! Kudos to hubby.

;) RR

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
That's a nice one! And right in your own yard.....cool!
Congrats on training him well :)

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Thank you everyone! Yeah I know there is more, I've been on a dry streak lately, was just out looking on Sun. just a few shards. Gerry is harassing me saying there are probably a bunch more out there this morning, after the rain last night. I have to go to work >:(. Well I get out at noon, so he will have some competition then. I just have to think of something to keep him busy until then ;).

I looked it up in Overtreet 9th edition, pg 162. It's a Stark,Early Archaic, 7000-6500 BP. Made from felsite. The point fits exactly on the picture.

Thanks for looking, keep your fingers crossed there are more whole ones today!

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
Know what's really amazing? That they could work that material at all- it's almost impossible to knapp in my book....no, is impossible to knapp for me. Crazy.

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
I can't imagine how they knapped it either Cannonman, it's an awful hard material. Crazy is right, makes it that much more interesting.

Boobydoo, I have the finding "mentality" alright. Some may call it just plain mental, but thats ok it makes me happy. My husband calls it Artichoke hunting ::). Where's Kim? "looking for artichokes" ::) He gets pretty pumped when he finds one too though.

razor

Apr 29, 2007
I'm jealous!!! Not only do you find a cool point, but you and your husband do it together. I'm new at this so my finds aren't as nice as this one, but I'm hopeful. I keep hoping my wife will catch the bug so we can go together. Keep up the good work. Razor

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
All it takes is finding the first one and she'd be hooked. Gerry is actually talking about making me a shaft to mount this one to and display it that way. I'm gonna see if i can find a turkey feather or two today to use with it.

If you are finding pieces and shards, keep looking, they are there. Good luck, show us your stuff!

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
CarolinaDigs said:
love it CG !! I have hunted for these since I was a child :) good find !!

Hey Girl, hows Mom? ;) Birds still making a mess? I would love to see pictures of your finds. Post tehm for us, please.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread