Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found my first 1829 Spanish 8 Reale in Covington La (60 miles out of New Orleans). I feel truly blessed.
49aa9f01e4f4f96912e5b74f20d63f68.jpg
49aa9f01e4f4f96912e5b74f20d63f68.jpg
8dcbb296a597af47d6fb906ffe404e59.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 45
Great big hunka Mexican silver :thumbsup: That had to have been a thrill bringing that baby to light.
I have found a lot of Spanish silver over the years, but never any that was minted by Mexico.

Beautiful! WOW!!!! :notworthy:

Man, that would have been a heart-stopper for me! Thanks for sharing!

That's an incredible silver find, congrats

That coin would probably have the interns hitting me with a defibrillator. Ouch,,
Congratulations

Last edited:
That coin would probably have the interns hitting me with a defibrillator. Ouch,,
Congratulations

I don't think you understand I am known as the Clad King. I've been up SAST for metal detecting for the past year and I mean I do it every day. I've only found three silver rings twi silver quarters and two silver dimes one being in 1911 which I was truly grateful for but thinking I would ever find something like this NEVER! I dug many holes to find that big Bertha. LOL

When a post is titled FINALLY, it can be anything! Your coin is magnificent- congrats!!

-- Jeff --

Congrats on the 8 reale! It's on my bucket It was truly a outer body experience for me. I found it in an old town where I live in between the street and the sidewalk in the neighborhood. Can you believe that?

I can only echo what others have said. That is an amazing find. Congratulations!

Great things come to those who work for them! Unbelievable, beautiful.......

That is a milestone, extreamly good find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back