Finaly back out in the fileds again after back surgery.

sml175

Jan 27, 2008

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Sml175, well I am only 74 and the last of my 3 disc operations is about 25 years behind me. I chose for partial removal of the discs and let them float as opposed to fusing. It worked out great with no back pain or limitations. I got the head of neural surgery at U of MD hospital to do the operations. L4, L5, & L4 again. I worked on some heavy equipment before the ruptures. I think lifting an app. 200# unit from the floor did in the last one. There are no limitations on my TH. Last weekend I was detecting a cache on a 45 degree slope for several hours. I have no trouble handling my XLT or my 2 Box. My motto is enjoy it while you still can. Frank

PS In the last episode of gold rush on TV. The bosses back pain got unbearable. He went to JHH and had an out patient procedure done that will stop all the pain for at least one year. I think they injected corotsone into the joint. Maybe this info will help someone. The show is a true happening.

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never had surgery, but have had a bad back for years, good to have you out again. :thumbsup:

Fossis................

OP
OP
S

sml175

Jan 27, 2008
Thanks guys. I am doing my best and always thinking there is someone else worse off out there. :thumbsup:

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can emphatize. I have an injury to my spinal cord that makes my hands feel like they are asleep all the time. Next step is the nerosurgeon. Good luck to you. HH

wildman4910

Sep 1, 2010
Cocoa, FL
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
sml175 said:
Thanks guys. I am doing my best and always thinking there is someone else worse off out there. :thumbsup:

Have fun but be careful how hard you your personal limit, it's not worth 15 days in the body shop!

And there is always someone who has it worse, just gotta look around & you see it!

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still recovering from a double hip replacement. Been off my feet for over a year. Doc says I might be well enough to try it again in about 3 months. Right now I can walk but not far and not allowed to bend or stoop beyond a 90 degree angle. So, that pretty much limits my ability to get down and dig. Glad to hear you are recovering well. Take care and find lots of good junque and crappe'. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread