find and return

maxmoney

Sep 15, 2008
Bloomington Illinois
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gemini-3, Ace 250, Cen-Tech pinpointer
I went out for a hunt at the chenoa park in Illinois today. I found no coins at all which is a bust hunt. The place was littered with cans, pull tabs, and bottle caps all visible on the top of the soil. I was getting ready to head back to the car scanning in the grass as I went. I heard a beep from the detector and looked down in the grass and found a cell phone, pack of gum, and a pen in the grass. I opened the phone and it had full power. Searching thru the name list I found one named 'dad' and gave it a call. I told him I had found his sons phone and he told me he was from Madison Wisconsin :icon_scratch:. If I do not get a call from the kid by tomorrow I am going to mail it off to his dads address. No finds today but at least I did something good.

Attachments

• chenoa park 9-26-08.JPG
    chenoa park 9-26-08.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 925

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good deed :icon_jokercolor: I found a cell phone last year on the road at a stop sign. Before I even had a chance to figure out who it belonged to the phone rings, and guess who it was? The owner. Met up and gave it back

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job..I know they will be happy to get the phone back without charges to Nigeria..lol :thumbsup:

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So it wasn't a 'bust hunt' after all :thumbsup: Good on you for taking the trouble to get the phone back to the owner. Believe it or not - you will be rewarded, somehow, some day.

Mike

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
What goes around comes around Maxmoney! You'll be getting yours when you least expect it, but you'll get it!

Are you going to send the pen and the gum too?? lol ;)

HH!!

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Excellent this helps set a good example for MD's around the world. I have detected with a bad MDer before and it's not fun. Some of them make people hate us.

Arthur Neto

Sep 28, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X + TinyTec probe
Good find and good job returning it! *Almost* as satisfying as finding silver, LOL!! :thumbsup:

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
I was driving down the street one day in the small town I lived in at the time. Just in front of the county courthouse I saw a cell phone lying in the middle of the street. I did the same thing. Checked the numbers, found the guy who owned it, and met him in front of the courthouse to return it. He was grateful, needless to say.
It was my good deed for the day.

Chico Rico

Dec 28, 2007
Virginia
My luck has me returning three to date. One with a sailor offering a reward for the phone. When he went to get the reward that I refused constantly, he showed up with a young woman my age. This woman was his daughter and happened to be around my age. Had to buy the "reward" a gold ring some time ago. Since,we have married. So, I guess the found cell phone got me married. Be VERRY CAREFUL! Just a warning!

OP
OP
maxmoney

maxmoney

Sep 15, 2008
Bloomington Illinois
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gemini-3, Ace 250, Cen-Tech pinpointer
I opened up a letter today and it had a $20 check and this note in it (I blocked out the last name).

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Attachments

• letter 2.JPG
    letter 2.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 405
T

trish76642

Your a good guy Max, even though you didnt find the 'good stuff' doing a good deed always makes ya feel just as good....i think so anyway!
WTG! :thumbsup:

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
That's pretty cool! Nice job bro!

Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread