Find at the Roman Colloseum....

ted750

Aug 20, 2006
Well, "technically" this isn't a "today's find" but I did dig it out of the bowels of my basement today! And this is really a treasure, (to me atleast) and I thought it deserved a high traffic area, so here it goes....

The year is 2004.... The place is Rome, Italy, right after a quick brunch and two glasses of sparkling water at a cafe across from the colloseum.... I was desperate to get inside, and the line was ridiculously long, so I was poking around in the piles of rubbish behind the closed off arches. I had just started collecting coins and was too young to understand the whole "archaeological looting" thing, so while I was waiting to get in, I picked up a few stray rocks that were within arms reach behind the closed off areas. Well, the trip continued.... AWESOMELY! and the next day while we were waiting to get into St. Peters, my Mom was emptying out the "junk" that I had dumped in her purse at the colloseum the day before when she said "this is a weird looking rock!" and when she handed it to me I instantly knew it certainly wasn't a rock, IT WAS A BONE!!!! Now, don't get too excited, because I am anything but an expert at forensics, but just the fact that it's a BONE, from the freakin COLOSSEUM, makes it pretty awesome in my eyes. It's probably just someones lunch from "NFC, Naples Fried Chicken" but I thought I would share it with you guys to see if any of you knew what it could be, or a place where I could get it checked out/authenticated. It certainly looks very old, and I've been too scared to clean it. It's been sitting in a baseball holder for 4 years, and I thought it was finally time to make it public. I know it's probably nothing, but I still think it's totally awesome, and worthy of sharing.

Thanks for any info,

Ted

P.S. If the Italian government see's this, and thinks it's important in any way, I'll be happy to return it, I have the utmost respect for ancient artifacts and the last thing I want to do is disturb/desecrate an ancient site.

Attachments

• Christian Bone.jpg
    Christian Bone.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 443
  • Bone.jpg
    Bone.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 454
  • Roman Bone.jpg
    Roman Bone.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 450
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions