Find from old seaport dock hunt

rommelvon

Jul 21, 2007
Hey all, I have found a german coin...in America...from 1909 ??? I found this under the old flooring of a dock that has been torn down, this dock has been around since the civil war I think, my only guess is a german sailor dropped it and it fell through the floor cracks, it is in great condition as it has never been exposed to the elements...and I think it's pure silver....can anyone tell me anything about this coin.....oh I also found some clad and an old spoon.... ;D this is my greatest find to date.....I almost soiled myself ;D

Attachments

• IMG_0462 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0462 (Large).JPG
    148 KB · Views: 570
  • IMG_0463 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0463 (Large).JPG
    171.8 KB · Views: 569
Upvote 0

coinhunter53

Jul 13, 2007
Huntington, West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer E-Trac, Shadow X 5, Fisher 1266X.
rommelvon said:
Hey all, I have found a german coin...in America...from 1909 ??? I found this under the old flooring of a dock that has been torn down, this dock has been around since the civil war I think, my only guess is a german sailor dropped it and it fell through the floor cracks, it is in great condition as it has never been exposed to the elements...and I think it's pure silver....can anyone tell me anything about this coin.....oh I also found some clad and an old spoon.... ;D this is my greatest find to date.....I almost soiled myself ;D

You found a 3 Mark Silver Coin from Germany. Nice find. I lived in Germany from 1973 to 1978 while in the Army. Keep checking that area, you might find some more. HH...Jesse.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really cool! I hunted in germany for over two years and never found one of those. Nice!!

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Nice silver in excellent shape. Congrats on a great find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread