finding gold....the hard way?

A

A_Trivial_Pursuit

has anyone ever found a gold ring the hard way?....in dirt? After purposely setting out to find gold? In the spirit of clive Clynick .... the fellow who purposely gleans gold from the dirt?

Not talking about the ones who..oops!... accidentally stumbles upon a gold ring while looking for other things. I'm talking about getting out there.... digging trash item after trash item to find gold in dirt.... NOT in beach sand or lakebottom mud (where the likelyhood of finding gold jewelry is good).... OR in an area where you KNOW a ring has been lost.

Ok who has done it???? How many have ya found? How many years have you been detecting?

Upvote 0

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i have! last weekend i found a 10k wedding band about 1 inch down in the dirt. it was at a ballfield at a school.......along the sideline where you might warm up before you go to bat. it showed as a strong solid pulltab hit. if the hit had not been as solid as it was i probably would not have dug it. im gonna dig those pulltabs everytime now! one thing ive noticed since then i have found a lot more nickles....as well as junk! i have been detecting about two and a half months. i cant say that i was looking for gold exclusively but i sure am happy to come across it!

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
We have someone here called onionrings, we don't call him that for nothing!? ;)
I have found gold in the dirt, I found an 18" gold rope chain with anchor pendant both 18k.
BTW welcome to the forum! HH omnicognic 8)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to forum,

People find gold here offten, usally 10k or so but still gold. Somtimes someone finds a gold coin or a higher karot gold rope.

(In the modern market anything under 10k gold is not even considered gold but junk jewelry.)

Attachments

• gold.jpg
    gold.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 136
  • gold.jpg
    gold.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 128

Charles

May 23, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Stingray II, AT Pro and Surfmaster II.
A few years back as a test I set up my Spectrum up for Foil only and detected for about an hour in a local park before finding small 14k ring. Had done it before on a very trashy beach which also produced a small ring. That area was so trashy you could not move the coil without hitting a pulltab and I got tired of scooping.
I use to dig everything at times looking for rings, but I have gotten way to lazy to do it the hard way after spending several years water hunting. That and too much extra weight for my poor knees to take that much bending down to dig.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread