finding jewelry?

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
Mike if your town has any parks that they hold fun days or festivals at, such as Fall or Spring then i have had good luck just after each.Or maybe a town thats close.Look at hte history of your area where old parks and fair grounds were located long long ago.Igot a lot of my info from the Court House and the old timers,Has paid off.you may have this covered already but if not good luck.HH

F

foolserrand

sledding hills.

Hills that are known in the community where people go sledding there year after year.

OP
OP
P

PAmike

Feb 20, 2005
Reynoldsville, PA
I just asked my wife if they ever had community days in the town I live in. she said they use to have boat races down the $#!7 creek, and festivals in the town park. I know of one actual sledding hill in a town about 10 miles from me in the town I was raised in, I used to go sledding there. Also There is an old school next to the sledding hill, this is the school my grandparents went to, it has nopt been used as a school since the 40's. it is now a korean war museum. In another nearby town there is a city park which holds a community days near the park in a grass field.

mike

melnatcat

Mar 9, 2005
Central Minnesota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boat accesses (I caught my ring a couple of times putting the boat in the water), school ball fields (under grand stands), public pool areas (rings come off when slicked up with tanning lotions and oils), picnic areas, local public camping areas, public playgrounds (ours has a sandy bottom), how about rest areas along the freeways (people walk the dog, take walks picnic, etc.), historical site places along the feeway, amusement park picnic areas, church social gathering grounds, hiking trails, county fairgrounds. ?Hope this helps! ?;D

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
:) If you have noticed many MD in your area you better get out soon after any festivals.HH

OP
OP
P

PAmike

Feb 20, 2005
Reynoldsville, PA
I don't know any other detectorists in my area other than the white's dealer. I do know alot of people wanting to get into the hobby but thats it.

mike

J

Jim Cal

One of the best locations I've found for jewelry are fields where guys get together on the weekend to play informal football or soccer games. If you drive around to some of the parks, schools, etc. you will see them out playing from time to time and they are usually not on a football field per se but just some large grassy area. The people playing in these informal games are less likely to remove all of their rings, coins, and jewelry before playing and thus more likely to lose them. Of course I also agree with all of the other places mentioned in the previous posts. Jim Cal

DirtDiggerDaveinMD

Jan 31, 2005
What about places people gather on the 4th of July. Hot humid sweaty air makes rings fall off and lots of people lay around on blankets during the show. I know around my way, the 5th of July looks like the Boston Marathon for detectorists. I have never seen so many people with metal detectors.

R

rvbvetter

Don't know about where you're at PAmike. But sometimes here in calif. our lakes water levels get low enough that some of the floating docks will be on the ground down the incline. A lot of people find rings around them. If they dig up any mercs its just likely to be an outboard. I found a good place for rings. But i wasn't fast enough before they put em back on at the airport metal detector. Keep at it. Rings will come you're way. Good Luck and HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread