Finding Wheat pennies in Canada

marshal

Nov 15, 2007
Hi all , im in canada for the winter break and i mainly hunt in the states where i am most of the year but since i am here in canada i decided to do some CRH and see what i am missing out on. Well i went to the bank and got 50$ worth of pennies straight from the volt and ended up somehow finding 5 Wheaties , 2 euro cents from portugal and a penny with a pig on one of the sides. I dont keep any canadian pennies unless they are 40 and below because the rest are easy to find . I also went metal detecting and found my second silver coin of the year a 1962 dime which i realized i had found when i got home and started cleaning my coins .Anyways tomorrow i will dump the pennies and get some dimes as silver ends at 67 instead of 64 like in the states so wish me luck :)

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE~!!!!

Upvote 0

coincollector101

May 8, 2007
Hi Marshal ,

Welcome Treasurenet!

Ive not had the chance to Chr in ca ive been all over ca for weeks on end though. that was before I Chr alot.
What providence are you from? Ive been to Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia.

Thats sweet you found wheats up there!! What dates where they?
Do you find much silver in rolls?

Happy New Year and happy hunting,
CC

OP
OP
M

marshal

Nov 15, 2007
i live in ontario beside toronto and the wheats were 1958d 1952s 1944 1943 1953 and i kept a 1940 cdn cent. I will get a box of dimes as soon as i give back the 2 boxes of pennies maybe ill hit some silver .

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We get lots of old canadians here...i keep everything pre-60 and i usually get about 30 of those a month.....i bet searching those dimes would be a lot easier since their magnetic

HH
-GC

copperpennies

Dec 27, 2007
You should get one of those things roofers use to get nails off of yards and spread the coins out and roll it over the coins.

OP
OP
M

marshal

Nov 15, 2007
can you actually use a magnet to find silver wouldnt that make all the dimes attracted to the magnet? I have never done that before thats why i am asking.

Cat J

Dec 17, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Whites Sufe Master PI Pro
Or they have the magnetic pick ups for the bingo chips. That should work really well.

Cat

OP
OP
M

marshal

Nov 15, 2007
i just tested the trick with the magnet that i found in my house and i couldnt believe it when the magnet picked up a 2006 cdn dime and it did not pick up a 1962 cdn dime .Needless to say i am very impressed and whenever i get my check to go through i will order a box of dimes or two boxes and go to a store and buy the biggest magnet i can find .

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
btw, put a plastic bag over the magnet so they come off easier :)

HH
-GC

OP
OP
M

marshal

Nov 15, 2007
ahhh thats a very good idea thank you letting me know.....i cant wait till i get my box of dimes :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread