snowdogg70

Jun 23, 2011
burlington ontario
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 bounty hunter 2200's garrett at pro 2 garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi i have been browsing through this crh section and i have noticed that americans searching american rolls compared to me in canada searching canadian rolls that i seem to find alot more wheats here than you guys appear to find there, i seem to find at least 1 wheat or more in every second roll, i find alot from the 40s alot from the 30s have found quite a few from the 10s ans 20s i have even found at least a dozen indians in the last couple years,now i do look through alot of pennies. and the penny has been abolished here since 2012 but i have a few banks call me when some come in,
maybe its because american pennies pretty much look the same from 1909 and on ,at least the obverse and most canadian dont notice what might be older as apposed to ours which look different by changing kings and queens on our obverses has any other canadian coin roll hunters notice this?
also do you seem to find more old canadian coins in american rolls?
i while ago my brother found a roll and half of steel pennies all together, and i had a $5 bundle that was all wheats dates from the teens to the 30s
form 2012 till now i have 2 large peanut butter jars full of wheats and a couple ziplock bags full. i dont look for varieties because im mainly looking for canadian and i also dont really know what to look for

Upvote 0

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Hah! I’ve kept all the Canadian pennies I’ve found in cent rolls, searching about the same time period, and have found about the same amount! However, the dates are vastly more recent; I’ve found maybe one roll of George VI and a handful of older pennies.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
For some reason, I find (detecting, change and bank rolls) lots of Canadian coins; just put them in a Tupperware container for later review! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread