Ironoar

Feb 26, 2017
Lee County VA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_0234.JPG IMG_0238.JPG IMG_0243.JPG IMG_0245.JPG IMG_0246.JPG

Plus some clad, wrought chain, cans, mason jar lids, clumps of melted metal (not sure) and other stuff. My favorite is the button because it was found at the base of an old split chestnut stuff and was probably my wife's great grandfather's. Also, I cannot find any info on the Appalachia Tribe 116 badge, but it's pretty cool because I found it at an old school site that I found using a 1935 topo. The wheaty is my first non clad coin and I was stoked when I saw it. I think I am hooked.

Upvote 24

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's CLEAR you are hooked! Lol...it only gets better...congrats on your awesome finds. Excited as you seem to be, I'd like to be nearby when you pull your first silver! Welcome to our world...ddf

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That button is really nice. The badge is way cool! I'd bet it was a Cub Scout or Weeblo's Badge. Probably specific to the Appalachian area?
Good finds!

added: I just realized you found an old toy truck too. Any idea what kind it is?

Last edited:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_outstanding.gif
1st - Nice finds Ironoar!
tn_moved_over.gif
2nd - I moved this post from Metal Detecting over to Today's Finds! for more exposure.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Welcome to the addiction.

HH, RN

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe I should change my listed location to South Central Virginia. You're so far to the West, you're about a half state away.

Looking at your finds I'd say you're definitely hooked now. Most of us take a bit to find goodies like you've found already. Get ready to dedicate space and storage containers for the toys you accumulate!

And welcome to TreasureNet.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That button is really nice. The badge is way cool! I'd bet it was a Cub Scout or Weeblo's Badge. Probably specific to the Appalachian area?
Good finds!

added: I just realized you found an old toy truck too. Any idea what kind it is?
His truck may be a Tootsietoy. Nice finds Ironoar.

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, you're hooked all right! Remember, the first step in overcoming the addiction is to admit you have a problem. :laughing7: On the other hand, celebrate, and keep on digging!

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice way to start.
Welcome aboard

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your finds and welcome to the addiction. If you're married prepare for a lot of begging and groveling to get time to go detecting. I'm afraid the more you find, the more you want to find. Is the truck a Tootsie Toy? Looks old enough to be.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats and cool finds!
I found a Wheatie my first 1/2 hour out and I am hooked for sure. Keep swinging and posting!

L

l2hunt

cool finds and enjoy the hobby, now every time you pass a field or see an old homestead, you'll be wanting to hit it with the detector heheheh HH

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread