Ironoar

Feb 26, 2017
Lee County VA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_0234.JPGIMG_0238.JPGIMG_0243.JPGIMG_0245.JPGIMG_0246.JPG

Plus some clad, wrought chain, cans, mason jar lids, clumps of melted metal (not sure) and other stuff. My favorite is the button because it was found at the base of an old split chestnut stuff and was probably my wife's great grandfather's. Also, I cannot find any info on the Appalachia Tribe 116 badge, but it's pretty cool because I found it at an old school site that I found using a 1935 topo. The wheaty is my first non clad coin and I was stoked when I saw it. I think I am hooked.

Upvote 24
It's CLEAR you are hooked! Lol...it only gets better...congrats on your awesome finds. Excited as you seem to be, I'd like to be nearby when you pull your first silver! Welcome to our world...ddf

That button is really nice. The badge is way cool! I'd bet it was a Cub Scout or Weeblo's Badge. Probably specific to the Appalachian area?
Good finds!

added: I just realized you found an old toy truck too. Any idea what kind it is?

Last edited:
tn_outstanding.gif
1st - Nice finds Ironoar!
tn_moved_over.gif
2nd - I moved this post from Metal Detecting over to Today's Finds! for more exposure.

Nice finds! Welcome to the addiction.

HH, RN

Maybe I should change my listed location to South Central Virginia. You're so far to the West, you're about a half state away.

Looking at your finds I'd say you're definitely hooked now. Most of us take a bit to find goodies like you've found already. Get ready to dedicate space and storage containers for the toys you accumulate!

And welcome to TreasureNet.

That button is really nice. The badge is way cool! I'd bet it was a Cub Scout or Weeblo's Badge. Probably specific to the Appalachian area?
Good finds!

added: I just realized you found an old toy truck too. Any idea what kind it is?
His truck may be a Tootsietoy. Nice finds Ironoar.

Oh, you're hooked all right! Remember, the first step in overcoming the addiction is to admit you have a problem. :laughing7: On the other hand, celebrate, and keep on digging!

Nice way to start.
Welcome aboard

Congrats on your finds and welcome to the addiction. If you're married prepare for a lot of begging and groveling to get time to go detecting. I'm afraid the more you find, the more you want to find. Is the truck a Tootsie Toy? Looks old enough to be.

Congrats and cool finds!
I found a Wheatie my first 1/2 hour out and I am hooked for sure. Keep swinging and posting!

cool finds and enjoy the hobby, now every time you pass a field or see an old homestead, you'll be wanting to hit it with the detector heheheh HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back