diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been working a lot lately. So much so that I haven't been to any sales in weeks. I got out a little this weekend and found a few items. Nothing too spectacular but here it is...

First is a satin glass rose bowl, pontiled, $5-

DSC06212.jpg

Next is this vase, also pontiled, has a slight glow under the black light, $5-

DSC06213.jpg

A Fenton Silver Crest Chip and dip set, paid $8 for it-

DSC06215.jpg

Next is this really cool looking mid century modern snack bowl? set. It's pottery and marked b-19 usa on the bottom but I can't find another comparable example. Anybody?
Paid $6 for it-

DSC06214.jpg DSC06216.jpg

Got a few vintage belt buckles, paid $5 each for the Hasselblad, the Canon and the Alabama and $1 for the other 2 Hasselblad pieces, also shown is a sterling candle snuffer marked WEB $1, a Gorham salt spoon pin $3 and a Mexican .950 silver pendant .50. The brass key is hand wrought, it was $2.

DSC06224.jpg DSC06225.jpg

Antique Sterling Silver Candle Snuffer by Web | eBay

Hasselblad Camera Belt Buckle Key Chain | eBay

1970s Vintage Belt Buckle 05 022 Canon Camera | eBay

Pretty Hand Blown Victorian Wave Quilted Satin Glass Rose Bowl | eBay

fenton silver crest chip dip | eBay

Here are a few more items...

A few postcards to add to my collection- includes a Raphael Tuck & Sons Robert E. Lee, an early rppc of Arrow Rock Dam in Idaho and a rppc of Canton, NY showing trees down and closed roads after a snowstorm. Paid $1 each, not for sale but worth about $10 each I would think. Also shown is a couple political cards .50 each.

DSC06223.jpg

Last but not least are a couple WW2 era maps, not worth too much but I like old ephemera.
The first is Japan and it's possessions $1.

DSC06222.jpg

and finally a Robinsons new map of the Pacific Ocean 28"x38" $1

DSC06219.jpg DSC06220.jpg

Thanks for looking and if anyone can find another example of the mid century snack bowl nesting set please let me know.

dumpsterdiver

Dec 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great finds, the price that belt buckle went for you should be very happy. Good for you!

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Although I have never really been a glass guy, I am learning to appreciate ephemera. Now that I have a place in my house to hang up and display this stuff, I look for it when I am out.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although I have never really been a glass guy, I am learning to appreciate ephemera. Now that I have a place in my house to hang up and display this stuff, I look for it when I am out.
I still don't have room to display many things but I still buy them.

I've been doing a little research and I think I may have found the maker of the snack bowl? set. It's looking like it may have been made by the Hyalyn Porcelain Company. I still haven't found a match to it but the composition (like a cross between stoneware and porcelain), matte glaze, color of the clay, along with the cork bottoms (on the 2 smaller insert bowls), and the numbers on the bottom of the large bowl have me leaning in this direction. Plus, I found someone mentioning what sounds like the same set I have here- Vintage Georges Briard Midas by Hyalyn Porcelain Oval ... | My Treasu? It looks like it may not be worth much but at $6 I still like it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions