Finds, and questions on how to clean caked up paper labels :(

KGCnewbieseeker

Oct 29, 2005
FL
I went to a local junk dealer and found a ton of bottles half were broken but I got these and a wood soda crate for a pretty good deal. the last pics have the prob bottles. I know under that mud is paper labels how can i save them when i clean the bottle? Any bottles stand out from the others?

zwf9fr.jpg

5cdmb4.jpg

qq65xi.jpg

2lxahi.jpg

the next few are soaking with some dawn and water so get the junk inside to loosen up

55gt5i.jpg

tried to get angles so you can read what they say

dzi2xs.jpg

and these are the paper labled ones :( i dunno what do do to clean them any help or suggestions is appreciated

scqpv8.jpg

mbr5f7.jpg

xo16k2.jpg

Last edited:

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want to keep the paper labels you'll need to be careful with them. I would suggest trying to get the dust of with a dry, stiff, small paint brush. What you can't get off with the brush try using a very soft dry rag and gingerly wipe away the dirt a little at a time. You have some bottles there that will make a good start for a collection.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have a good start there it looks like. I really like the ammonia bottle with the label. Sorry I can't help with how to clean the labels I only dig and don't buy. Does that hutch soda have any embossing on it?

Sent from my iPod touch using TreasureNet

OP
OP
KGCnewbieseeker

KGCnewbieseeker

Oct 29, 2005
FL
No it looks like its got a small indentation where a label was but sadly no embossing. still has the metal stopper thing jammed inside the neck tho.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread