Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My riverbank dump has been calling to me the past couple weeks there has to be something I missed. So I thought I would try the old sifter my grandfather gave me. I found a lot of spoons that were nothing but toast. And I have never found so many marbles in one day ever. I know it's not a bottle but I also came across a 1834 large cent. But the best find of the day is the little cobalt blue eye cleaning cup. Does anyone know the date range on the little cup? Thanks for looking- Justin

Sent from my iPod touch using TreasureNet

Attachments

• image-2927327927.jpg
    image-2927327927.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 108
  • image-2232337785.jpg
    image-2232337785.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 99
  • image-4273549181.jpg
    image-4273549181.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 110
  • image-2131167446.jpg
    image-2131167446.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 109

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent work Justin. Have no idea on the age of the cup but i love it. Now i know for sure i will start sifting. What kind of shape is the LC in? The guys in the marble dpt can help you out with little beauties.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
RelicDude

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks bass the large cent is in pretty good shape she has a full liberty going across her head band but it has some nasty concretion on it nothing a hot peroxide bath can't fix. I love the little cup too I wish it had some embossing on it so I could chase down some info. It's amazing what you miss until you sift it. It's rough on the back though.

bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I'm gonna need to get or build a sifter, looks like it's worth while, nice finds.

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Surf would have known what to say about that little cup, complete w/ a historic, graphic display...(isn't it interesting how endearing a single presence can be- even in the impersonal arena of the on-line forum?) Someone with 'chops' is going to have to step up and fill the void. This is my very feeble attempt. You did great w/ your sifter- and really good that you found a way to make lemonade out of lemons (having been so unjustly 'trespassed' upon)
498803040_tp.jpg

Eye Bath / Eye Cup Collection

Keep listening to your heart. You'll know when to quit the site. In the mean time, rock on with the excellent finds, dude! Yakker

OP
OP
RelicDude

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you yakker. Your absolutely right that even in such an impersonal arena we connect to people. I don't even know his real name but with just some research and kind words and advice he managed to touch our lives. Now we're going to have to pick up the slack. I just wish I knew were he found most of his information.

bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think probably experience, and I think there were a lot of good informative books published back in the day.

OP
OP
RelicDude

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree about the books. I also think your right about the time period considering most of the finds were from the 1880s and 90s.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread