Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sunday's highlight was a silver George (1964-P) in change from the
local Citco. . . (while on the way to a morning hunt in the forest preserve)

Only notable finds AT the hunt in the woods was a 1914 Wheat and a cheap-a$$ wedge.

DSC_6756.JPG

DSC_6757.JPG

Hope it warms up again. . . sometime.

Take care & thanks for looking,
watercolor

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Tell me again, Mark - how long did I have to hunt before I found my first silver George??? :tard: :tongue3: ;D

Nice!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I take my hat off to you for digging in that muck for so long!
Neil

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
Hey if that 1914 was a D mint you sure wouldn't be complaining! I got one of those yesterday as well, but yours sure looks better than mine. Nice Washington Qtr. Can't beat it when someone hands you back more change than they are supposed to, and with silver you don't even have to feel guilty about it!

HH Watercolor!

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
Nice find there Mark, no matter where it comes from.

I haven't gotten any silver in a long time, but in my younger days I was always finding some in the change from the liquor store or the neighborhood bar. Maybe I'll just sit in the bars until it warms up again. :icon_sunny:

I hope we do get a break in the weather around Christmas because I've got some time off. It'd be nice to all hook up for a hunt or two. You'd have to be nuts to have gone out today.... I wonder how Goio did? :icon_jokercolor:

Stay Warm!
Mike

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Wow, that wheat is in great shape. Did you have to clean it with something oe was it found like that?

Nice finds! Easy silver too, that rarely ever happens anymore.

Joe

OP
OP
watercolor

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
twistidd said:
Wow, that wheat is in great shape. Did you have to clean it with something oe was it found like that?

Nice finds! Easy silver too, that rarely ever happens anymore.

Joe

This Wheat was caked with mud (at first, I thought it was a 1944) so when I got home, I brushed it and hot peroxided it for an hour or two,
and then put some Bee's Wax on it to give it that shine.

mikewaz said:
Nice find there Mark, no matter where it comes from.

I haven't gotten any silver in a long time, but in my younger days I was always finding some in the change from the liquor store or the neighborhood bar. Maybe I'll just sit in the bars until it warms up again. :icon_sunny:

I hope we do get a break in the weather around Christmas because I've got some time off. It'd be nice to all hook up for a hunt or two. You'd have to be nuts to have gone out today.... I wonder how Goio did? :icon_jokercolor:

Stay Warm!
Mike

Hearing that unmistakable sound of silver in the change is always a treat. . . and the neighborhood bar idea is sounding better and better ::)
(I still think there's a hunt or two left this winter. . . fingers are crossed :wink:)

Brett said:
Hey if that 1914 was a D mint you sure wouldn't be complaining! I got one of those yesterday as well, but yours sure looks better than mine. Nice Washington Qtr. Can't beat it when someone hands you back more change than they are supposed to, and with silver you don't even have to feel guilty about it!

HH Watercolor!

When I was cleaning this up, there was a piece of mud where the mint-mark would be. . . and as I held my breath, the mud flaked off but no D >:(

kimsdad said:
Tell me again, Mark - how long did I have to hunt before I found my first silver George??? :tard: :tongue3: ;D

Nice!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I take my hat off to you for digging in that muck for so long!
Neil

Neil, I'm still debating whether I should include "George" in my silver totals. . . (after all, I did find it on the WAY to a hunt ::))

Thanks everyone for the comments!
watercolor

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
It's silver and you got it during hunt time! Count it man!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions