Finds from Monday (my birthday)

coalfire

Dec 16, 2006
East Coast
Well I thought I was having a crappy day. I thought I would find one good point. But alas no. What I did find was a crude hoe or adze (crudely made) A broken bird point and six pieces of pottery. I thought it was terracotta pipe that might have washed aground during the '87 flood. I didn't look at it til today. After I cleaned it carfully I noticed four incised small pieces, One large incised piece and a bright orange piece (not incised). Here is the photo. The area I am at is along a small river. I am starting to think I am at a camp or house site. (House being a long house like back in PA) With the broken Celt from stone along way away I am thinking this is a beaver wars era hunting camp. About two miles north people found skeletons when they installed the dike. I am going to have to take these to an anthropologist or archaeologist. I wont tell them where I found them. I'll see what they say. Hope you all enjoy the photo.
~Z~

Attachments

• feild 006.jpg
    feild 006.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 277
Upvote 0

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy belated Birthday, ;D

Nice hoe, I have one very similar.

Fossis..............

jbl04410

Feb 11, 2007
Hermon,Maine
Detector(s) used
My eagle eyes
Hey Zeawolf,at least you found another birthday thats always a plus.Myself I look at pottery with mixed emotions.I'm always glad to find it.It gives me an idea what time frame I'm dealing with. Some sites have multiple occupation.But generally the pottery is of the last couple thousand years
Happy belated birthday,
Jay

Neanderthal

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Happy belated birthday. There's no better way to spend a B-day than out hunting pointy rocks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread