Finds from my hookey day with my girls.

D

davehood

Went to a couple of schools. One was my old alma mater for Jr. High. Girls loved being on the same football field Daddy played on as a kid. We started on the sidelines but really nothing (Some pull tabs, an old Mt. Dew bottle cap, and a doohickey) We decided to look into the end zones (Megan's idea) and started pulling clad which for us who are new its exciting as well. Last dig of the day we pulled a really cool button. Looks really old. Its composition looks copper but reads silver on the MD. I haven't cleaned it because the metal was starting to come off the edges so I stopped. I am going to try and post some picks.

Both of my girls now want a detector for Easter. ;D
im001893.jpg

Upvote 0

treasures4me2find

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2005
Murphy, N.C.
Congrats on your finds. Always great to spend time with the kids. Guess you better talk to that Easter bunny, thats going to be awful big eggs to get them detectors :D.

Ken

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Sounds like you had a great day. That's what it's all about...
Not sure about the others, but I'm not seeing the pic. The "URL" for it, doesn't look right..
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a fun day! Get those Bama girls a detector!!

Congrats on your finds!

Nana ;)

S

southbound

It don't get any better than that! My boys detect with me also. Vern

1liquigirl

Jun 13, 2005
Bellefonte, PA
davehood, well, if you're going to get them detectors for Easter, why not make it fun? Buy a bunch of the bigger plastic eggs and fill them with Saca Indian Dollar coins. Hide them around the yard and tell your kids to find them, and that they're filled with money to buy the detectors. You never know one of them might get smart and run for your detector to hunt the eggs!

OP
OP
D

davehood

That is a fantastic IDEA!!! I love it. I think I'm going to do just that. Can anyone tell me if a Bounty Hunter 202 is good for the first MD?

1liquigirl

Jun 13, 2005
Bellefonte, PA
Glad to be of service! ;) But, why not get them Garrett Ace 250's from KellyCo? They're not expensive, easy to use, good machines and lightweight. Just a suggestion. Hope the kids love the egg hunt idea.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread